Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 24, 2013
7:54:11 AM
"This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

So I foolishly ran off and plugged in the wireless receiver that came last night, before reading the "DO NOT INSTALL BEFORE 8:00 PM ON 10/24" message on the packing slip. Sure enough I got the "does not match account settings" error.

Is there anything that can be done in advance (while I'm here at work) by contacting support to reprovision the box before I plug it back in tonight, or do I need to wait until after 8:00 when I'm actually trying to set it up?

So I foolishly ran off and plugged in the wireless receiver that came last night, before reading the "DO NOT INSTALL BEFORE 8:00 PM ON 10/24" message on the packing slip. Sure enough I got the "does not match account settings" error.

Is there anything that can be done in advance (while I'm here at work) by contacting support to reprovision the box before I plug it back in tonight, or do I need to wait until after 8:00 when I'm actually trying to set it up?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 24, 2013 9:37:00 AM
(0)
Employee

Dingojones,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to clear out the error code for you in our system and I verified that the order will allow the box to be activated next time you plug in the receiver! Smiley Happy

The box can be plugged in anytime today, so at your soonest convenience plug the power cord back in and it will establish the link to the Wireless Access Point (WAP) and then it will have a selection on the screen saying something like "TV service is not yet active" and there will be a "Try again now" selection. Choose "Try again now" and it will go through an update. With the wireless boxes, they usually take longer to update than the wired but, once the update completes, you will see it go through the standard loading screens and then TV service will be online!

Let me know how everything works out and if you need additional assistance, we'll be glad to help you. Smiley Wink

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

"This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

35 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:33:15 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Dingojones,

Sorry to hear that your new receiver is not working correctly. Fortunately this is a very easy fix for us. Whenever the "This set top box does not match the account settings" error message comes up, there is an error code we can clear out in our system here on our end. Is your new wireless receiver currently unplugged right now?

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Dingojones,

Sorry to hear that your new receiver is not working correctly. Fortunately this is a very easy fix for us. Whenever the "This set top box does not match the account settings" error message comes up, there is an error code we can clear out in our system here on our end. Is your new wireless receiver currently unplugged right now?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: "This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

2 of 36 (5,644 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 24, 2013 9:37:00 AM
(0)
Employee

Dingojones,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to clear out the error code for you in our system and I verified that the order will allow the box to be activated next time you plug in the receiver! Smiley Happy

The box can be plugged in anytime today, so at your soonest convenience plug the power cord back in and it will establish the link to the Wireless Access Point (WAP) and then it will have a selection on the screen saying something like "TV service is not yet active" and there will be a "Try again now" selection. Choose "Try again now" and it will go through an update. With the wireless boxes, they usually take longer to update than the wired but, once the update completes, you will see it go through the standard loading screens and then TV service will be online!

Let me know how everything works out and if you need additional assistance, we'll be glad to help you. Smiley Wink

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Dingojones,

Re: "This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

3 of 36 (5,635 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:50:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

Morgan,

This is fantastic! Thank you VERY much for your quick reply and fix!

I'm at work at the moment and was figuring I'd have to go through a support call when I got home, but this is great news. I'll follow your instructions as soon as I get home this evening and post back with the results.

Morgan,

This is fantastic! Thank you VERY much for your quick reply and fix!

I'm at work at the moment and was figuring I'd have to go through a support call when I got home, but this is great news. I'll follow your instructions as soon as I get home this evening and post back with the results.

4 of 36 (5,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 4:18:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue- it was also my fault for setting up the receiver before the stated time. How can I get the error reset so I can complete my setup?

I have the same issue- it was also my fault for setting up the receiver before the stated time. How can I get the error reset so I can complete my setup?

5 of 36 (5,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 4:24:42 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi uveruser909,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I have cleared out the error for you. Please go ahead and try rebooting the receiver, and when it makes it to the Connection Screen, press OK to Try Again, and hopefully, it will load right up.

If you do notice any further issues, feel free to reach out to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Hi uveruser909,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I have cleared out the error for you. Please go ahead and try rebooting the receiver, and when it makes it to the Connection Screen, press OK to Try Again, and hopefully, it will load right up.

If you do notice any further issues, feel free to reach out to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

6 of 36 (5,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 5:02:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like that worked: the receiver connected and is updating now so I'll know for sure soon.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like that worked: the receiver connected and is updating now so I'll know for sure soon.

Thanks again.

7 of 36 (5,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 4:38:22 PM
(0)
Community Support

That is great to hear! I am glad everything is working for you. 

-David T

That is great to hear! I am glad everything is working for you. 

-David T

8 of 36 (5,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 1:12:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi Morgan, I did the same thing, can you point me to the process of getting the error cleared? My box is connected now with the error on my TV

Hi Morgan, I did the same thing, can you point me to the process of getting the error cleared? My box is connected now with the error on my TV

9 of 36 (5,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 2:05:20 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi @gman1972 

Sure I'll be glad to help you with this issue. I was able to clear out the error code for you so, if you could unplug then replug the new receiver, it should be able to run through the update now! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Hi @gman1972 

Sure I'll be glad to help you with this issue. I was able to clear out the error code for you so, if you could unplug then replug the new receiver, it should be able to run through the update now! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

10 of 36 (5,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 5:03:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
WHOOHOO....

That did it thanks...

Giuliano G. Mangiore
WHOOHOO....

That did it thanks...

Giuliano G. Mangiore

11 of 36 (5,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 6:06:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am having this same error "set top box does not match account settings" pop up on my newly installed wireless box. I jumped the shark a day early a few days ago. I hoped that by waiting two days the issue would be resolved when the appropriate date (yesterday) came and passed, but no luck. Looks like quite a few people have dealt with this though!

Thanks in advance!

I am having this same error "set top box does not match account settings" pop up on my newly installed wireless box. I jumped the shark a day early a few days ago. I hoped that by waiting two days the issue would be resolved when the appropriate date (yesterday) came and passed, but no luck. Looks like quite a few people have dealt with this though!

Thanks in advance!

12 of 36 (4,953 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 1:56:09 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @philip_trick 

I'm sorry to hear that your receiver is showing this error but, I'll be glad to help. I'm going to send you a Private Message to gather your account info and we'll move forward from there. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @philip_trick 

I'm sorry to hear that your receiver is showing this error but, I'll be glad to help. I'm going to send you a Private Message to gather your account info and we'll move forward from there. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

13 of 36 (4,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2014 7:30:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Implementor on Jun 30, 2014 at 7:38:44 AM

Hi Morgan, I'm having the same error message on my STB.  Could you help reset it?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, spoke with tech support and they are sending out a technician today.

Hi Morgan, I'm having the same error message on my STB.  Could you help reset it?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, spoke with tech support and they are sending out a technician today.

[ Edited ]
14 of 36 (4,791 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 2:15:52 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Implementor

Sorry for the delayed response. Is everything working alright now? Was the technician able to help you remove the error for you?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hi @Implementor

Sorry for the delayed response. Is everything working alright now? Was the technician able to help you remove the error for you?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

15 of 36 (4,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 4:31:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

Unfortunately, he was not.  I was one of his last appointments that day and the amount of time he had to spend on hold with AT&T central made it so we had to reschedule for a different day.  Do you think you could fix this from your end?  It would save my repairman a trip!

Thanks for your response!

Unfortunately, he was not.  I was one of his last appointments that day and the amount of time he had to spend on hold with AT&T central made it so we had to reschedule for a different day.  Do you think you could fix this from your end?  It would save my repairman a trip!

Thanks for your response!

16 of 36 (4,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2014 8:25:54 AM
(0)
Community Support

No problem. Apologizes that the technician wasn't able to make it but, I'll send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

No problem. Apologizes that the technician wasn't able to make it but, I'll send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

17 of 36 (4,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2014 8:12:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

PM sent, thanks!

PM sent, thanks!

18 of 36 (4,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2014 6:17:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi morgan, I ran into the same problem as above. Would you be able to help me out with this issue?

Hi morgan, I ran into the same problem as above. Would you be able to help me out with this issue?

19 of 36 (4,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 10:22:35 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @alexjuarez44 

I'll be glad to help you with this issue. Since it is an "Account Specific" issue, I'll need to send you a Private Message to your inbox to gather your account info and we'll help you from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hi @alexjuarez44 

I'll be glad to help you with this issue. Since it is an "Account Specific" issue, I'll need to send you a Private Message to your inbox to gather your account info and we'll help you from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

20 of 36 (4,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2014 7:30:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having this problem. All our televisions are working but one in my bedroom.

I am also having this problem. All our televisions are working but one in my bedroom.

21 of 36 (3,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2014 1:06:15 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hey @ldiehl715 

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem as well but, we'll be glad to help. So that we can securely gather your account information to resolve this issue, I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your Forum Inbox and we'll move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hey @ldiehl715 

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem as well but, we'll be glad to help. So that we can securely gather your account information to resolve this issue, I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your Forum Inbox and we'll move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

22 of 36 (3,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 3:00:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, 
Im also having this same issue. "Account Unavailable - This Set Top Box does not match the account settings." My box is plugged in, but Im not sure how to remedy this issue. :/

Thanks

Hi, 
Im also having this same issue. "Account Unavailable - This Set Top Box does not match the account settings." My box is plugged in, but Im not sure how to remedy this issue. :/

Thanks

23 of 36 (3,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2014 5:53:01 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hey @Celylvane 

We can help you with that! Since this is an "Account Specific" issue and we need some more information to help, we're going to send you a Private Message that will land in your Forum inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hey @Celylvane 

We can help you with that! Since this is an "Account Specific" issue and we need some more information to help, we're going to send you a Private Message that will land in your Forum inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

24 of 36 (3,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2014 8:52:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here! Please help!! Thank you. Smiley Sad

Same problem here! Please help!! Thank you. Smiley Sad

25 of 36 (3,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2014 9:50:37 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @DiazFam3,

I would be happy to help get that fixed for you. I will be sending you a private message, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @DiazFam3,

I would be happy to help get that fixed for you. I will be sending you a private message, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Need more help?

26 of 36 (3,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2014 11:05:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have this same problem.  they hooked me up yesterday while was at work...the ATT guy.....but tonight the wireless box says it doesn't match acct settings.  the bedroom is working, but not this room???and yes, I am paying for it and my acct was activated yesterday.  help?  not my fault..lol

I have this same problem.  they hooked me up yesterday while was at work...the ATT guy.....but tonight the wireless box says it doesn't match acct settings.  the bedroom is working, but not this room???and yes, I am paying for it and my acct was activated yesterday.  help?  not my fault..lol

27 of 36 (2,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2014 10:06:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

joleea wrote:

Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your error situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply.

As you can see from the above posts, ATT Uverse Care can reset the error code in your account to get it to work properly.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

joleea wrote:

Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your error situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply.

As you can see from the above posts, ATT Uverse Care can reset the error code in your account to get it to work properly.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

28 of 36 (2,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2014 2:41:26 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @joleea 

Just checking up on your post. Did you still need help with this account error on your receiver? If so, feel free to send a response to the Private Message we have sent you in your Forum Inbox Thank you!

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hi @joleea 

Just checking up on your post. Did you still need help with this account error on your receiver? If so, feel free to send a response to the Private Message we have sent you in your Forum Inbox Thank you!

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

29 of 36 (2,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2015 6:04:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have this same problem, i did not try to set it up too soon but I am not able to get the new box that they sent to work.. I have spent literally hours on the phone with tech support.  i am paying for boxes that I cannot use and they have no resolution but to send a tech out.  I have to work and do not have time for that.. 

any suggestions. 

I have this same problem, i did not try to set it up too soon but I am not able to get the new box that they sent to work.. I have spent literally hours on the phone with tech support.  i am paying for boxes that I cannot use and they have no resolution but to send a tech out.  I have to work and do not have time for that.. 

any suggestions. 

30 of 36 (1,693 Views)