For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
tree3man's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 27th, 2013 9:37 PM

how many televisions can be connected to uverse tv in the same residence?

how many televisions can be connected to uverse tv in the same home?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thx

Rick [removed for security reasons]

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

thanks.

>

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome tree3man

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

this is very misleading because no one tells you that you may have up to 8 dvrs, but can only watch three differnent programs at a time if you record something because it will prompt you to turn off one of the TVs or cancel the recording.  In our house we have 5 bedrooms and everyone watches their own programs.  my husband works nights and records his sports show.  When I am watching something on my tv, my son on his, and my parents on theirs,  I have to turn off a tv so that his show can record.  I was never told of this problem when I signed on.  They just said we could record up to four programs.   Now this is causing problems at home.  I am very disatisfied with ATT and the fact that they don't try to resolve this.    I regrett switching from my other provider.  When I called customer service, they did absolutley nothing.  I even offered to pay more for more bandwith.  I feel this is false marketing.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@batistarsoe wrote:

this is very misleading because no one tells you that you may have up to 8 dvrs, but can only watch three differnent programs at a time if you record something because it will prompt you to turn off one of the TVs or cancel the recording.  In our house we have 5 bedrooms and everyone watches their own programs.  my husband works nights and records his sports show.  When I am watching something on my tv, my son on his, and my parents on theirs,  I have to turn off a tv so that his show can record.  I was never told of this problem when I signed on.  They just said we could record up to four programs.   Now this is causing problems at home.  I am very disatisfied with ATT and the fact that they don't try to resolve this.    I regrett switching from my other provider.  When I called customer service, they did absolutley nothing.  I even offered to pay more for more bandwith.  I feel this is false marketing.

Uverse is not the perfect fit for every family and/or household.

Yes, it's true that you can only watch 4 different live streams but for many households, that's plenty 99% of the time. 

You were never told that you could have 8 DVRs because it's always been ONE Whole House DVR and additional STBs (set top boxes).  What you were told is that you could have up to 8 TVs using Uverse:  4 live/4 recorded.

As far as paying more for more bandwidth...yeah, that's not an option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.