For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
barb2145's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 6:28 PM

Writer of program descriptions should be fired!

Is AT&T hiring elementary school dropouts these days?  The descriptions for the programs in the U-Verse channel guide are pathetic! Obviously, no one proofreads the work. Example: "A woman has to go into hiding when she witness a Mafia mob boss witness her blind date, so she embarks on a train ride through Canada with a district attorney." Narrow Margin (1990)

This is just the latest bit of nonsense I've been seeing recently. Lots of the poor descriptions I've seen recently can sometimes be figured out, but AT&T should be embarrassed by such poor work on display to the nation.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Program descriptions come from a third party.  At one time it was titantv.com but someone more recently said it was fyitelevision.com.

No one from ATT is sitting around watching programs and writing up descriptions (albeit I would take THAT job in a heartbeat).

Your gripe needs to be with that third party provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Those program descriptions come from the guide information provider (FYI Television), and in-turn, normally from the ultimate program provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The guide descriptions on AT&T Uverse are awful and often discriminatory against women. They focus on telling entire plot line of episodes making it unappealing to watch, while negative descriptors of women abound, judgemental in tone. Annie Hall is summed up as "ditsy" on the guide right now, and I just watched an elegant update of "Lady Windermere's Fan"  that was described moronically as "a poor woman is driven away by jealous (sic), and then seduces two men on the Amalfi coast"  which is both ironically incorrect and no where is it mentioned that this  is a modern day Lady Windermere's Fan.  I have seen many offensive descriptions, and episode descriptions that forecast the surprise of the episode causing me to turn off the program. Happy to do this job instead of the obviously ill educated and culture deprived cretins currently writing these description.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

This is a what happens when being politically correct is considered a bad thing.

Definition of politically correct

1. :  conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.