lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm always having the same problem, and it's been every 10-15 minutes today. I have the same Cisco WAP so I guess I have the same problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

yes, once I got the new WAP it is just fine, no more dropping the signal.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have same problem and it's only started after year or so. Every 15 min or it loses connection and I have to go through rest procedures and sometime it says Uverse is not available, sometime ask me to push wps buttons reconnect etc etc and annoying. Twice called service and after some lucky tries it works. Mine is a Motorola WAP. How do I resolve this? WAP is not giving to go in also.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having this exact same issue.  I was on the phone with a tech the other day and she seemed to believe it was one of the wireless boxes.  I switched the box with the other wireless box and was sill having the same issue.  I never had any problems until recently.  I think a new motorola WAP will fix the issue.  Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have had it and am about to cancel Uverse account. For 1 year plus now the wireless receivers drop connection and it takes 2-5 tries to connect again. Sick of this. Pay equipment rentals for three wireless receivers and can't use any of them 75% of the time.  Need assistance or I will jus switch back to DirecTV.

Roger

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@spillmar wrote:

I have had it and am about to cancel Uverse account. For 1 year plus now the wireless receivers drop connection and it takes 2-5 tries to connect again. Sick of this. Pay equipment rentals for three wireless receivers and can't use any of them 75% of the time.  Need assistance or I will jus switch back to DirecTV.

Roger

If you happen to have a 510/589 RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.  Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui.

Here:  http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

over the last 72 hours I've had to power off the wireless receiver VIP2500 numerous times, it is driving me crazy, i've powered it off twice this morning - are others having this issue?  I've been in the Uverse since June 23 and I'm having second thoughts. My receiver is not that far from the main unit. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Folks!

Long time UVerse-er here, first time getting a wireless receiver.  Got it all hooked up, and things were a bit rocky at the start, and have since repeated.

I have a normal DVR wired into the gateway, and now I have a WAP connected to it via the included yellow Cat5 cable, a few feet apart (the provided cable is rather short).  The wireless receiver is probably 18 feet away across the room.  It has not had trouble connecting to the WAP, but on the first occasion had trouble reaching the live TV service after it said it had to do an 'update', and now the problem is that it just freezes everytime it tries to 'update' - the power button is not lit up, but the 3 LEDs on the front (and the wireless bar) are very brightly lit up.  

I am unable to do a hard reset, even, and pulling and re-plugging the power adapter into the receiver makes no difference - just brightly lit LEDs and no signal to the TV. 

However, if I power cycle the WAP, the receiver gets the stream fine, but then eventually locks up again when it tries to download an 'update' with no signal to the TV and all of the lights on, REALLY bright.

Has anyone had this issue?  I don't seem to have an issue 'seeing' the WAP or connecting to it, but something else.  What is this 'update' that keeps crashing the unit?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

If it were me, I would try it wired cat5. I believe, if you connect it wired & the WAP is not powered it will come up wired. You may have to reboot the RG.

See waht happens with the update. If you can get it to stabilize, then try wireless again by pulling the plug & rebooting with the WAP up.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Well, I turned it on just now and a screen came up saying an update was ready to install.  Regular 0-100% status bar, and it seemed to progress just fine.  After it hit 100%, the unit shut off, then turned back on with the regular 3 bright lights and was unresponsive, even to forcefully power cycing twice.  Power cycling the WAP also made no difference, even when power cycling the receiver again after the WAP.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean though, aviewer - the WAP is already wired to the RG, and I can't also wire it to the receiver - there is only one port on the WAP.  The WAP is always powered when I power cycle the receiver.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.