Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 23, 2013
12:04:48 PM
View profile
Wireless receiver loses connection to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

(3)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 9, 2014 11:16:53 AM
(3)
Community Support
Edited by ATTU-verseCare on Sep 24, 2014 at 7:12:12 AM

­

HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR WIRELESS RECEIVER

Many common AT&T U-verse Wireless TV Receiver problems can be solved by checking the following:

Check your Connections

Ensure all cables and cords are connected properly and securely. Test with a different Ethernet cable if having connection problems.

1. Connecting the Wireless Access Point
  2. Connecting the Wireless Receiver

Check power/signal strength and reboot

1. Confirm you have power. If you have power and the TV Receiver is turned on, the Power button on the front of the receiver will have a green light surrounding it. If you do not have power, move the TV Receiver to a working electrical outlet.
  2. If no lights are on, ensure that the TV Receiver is turned on by pressing and releasing the AT&T button on the remote control, and then pressing and holding the POWER button on the receiver for 10 seconds.
  3. Power cycle the Wireless Access Point (WAP) by unplugging the WAP from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Wait two minutes for the Wireless Receiver to start up.
  4. There should be at least 3 wireless bars on your Wireless Receiver to maintain a good signal. Move the receiver closer to the WAP or vice-versa (to determine if the problem is a distance issue).

Check for Interference

1. Make sure there are no devices around the Wireless Access Point or Wireless Receiver that can cause interference, such as cordless phones, baby monitors, etc...
  2. Make sure the Wireless Access Point and Wireless Receiver are not in an enclosed area.

Disconnect the DVR

1. All the receivers in the house have to pair with the DVR through for DVR content. If the DVR is having issues, it will cause issues to the other receivers.
  2. Unplug the DVR and keep it disconnected. Reboot the U-verse Gateway and Wireless Receiver.
  3. If the issues clear up, try connecting the DVR back to see if rebooting the DVR helped resolve the issue. 

If you see a Red Antenna on TV Screen

1. Disconnect your Wireless TV Receiver from the original location and reconnect the power cord at a location closer to the Wireless Access Point (WAP) 
  2. Wait one minute for the receiver software to load.
  3. Press the OK button on the front of the Wireless TV Receiver and press the WPS button on the WAP.
  4. Wait two minutes for the receiver and WAP to pair.
  5. After two minutes, the Link light on the front of the Wireless TV Receiver should be solid green.
  6. Following a successful pairing, unplug the Wireless TV Receiver and reconnect it at the desired location.

If the previous steps have been exhausted and the TV receiver continues to malfunction please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance. If you are not a member of the U-verse community forums, we welcome you to register and reach out to us.

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Wireless receiver loses connection to access point

179 replies
(19) Me too
(19) Me too
View all replies
(179)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 7:03:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
I am having the same problem with my VAP2500. I tried to login as suggested with the IP but the user name and password does not work, I get a login failed error message.
I am having the same problem with my VAP2500. I tried to login as suggested with the IP but the user name and password does not work, I get a login failed error message.

Re: Wireless receiver loses connection to access point

91 of 180 (28,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 8:14:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
I am extremely aggregated at AT&T and all of the wireless issues we are having. It seems to be like clock work when the wireless receivers lose connection. I have tried everything to resolve the problem myself but with no luck!
Here it is Friday and my receivers are not connecting. I have ask for help on the forums from several people, some being AT&T employees and no one has responded.
BTW, we are also using the username 97smiths.
I am extremely aggregated at AT&T and all of the wireless issues we are having. It seems to be like clock work when the wireless receivers lose connection. I have tried everything to resolve the problem myself but with no luck!
Here it is Friday and my receivers are not connecting. I have ask for help on the forums from several people, some being AT&T employees and no one has responded.
BTW, we are also using the username 97smiths.

92 of 180 (28,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 10:44:09 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @smith.infosystems,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I definitely will be happy to help. One thing to try to get everything working once again is to unplug the power on the U-verse gateway, Wireless Access Point, and Wireless Receivers. After that, plug the power into the U-verse gateway first. After it has come up, plug in the power to the Wireless Access Point, and then the wireless receivers.

We will also send you a private message to gather more information to make sure that we get your issue fixed once and for all.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @smith.infosystems,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I definitely will be happy to help. One thing to try to get everything working once again is to unplug the power on the U-verse gateway, Wireless Access Point, and Wireless Receivers. After that, plug the power into the U-verse gateway first. After it has come up, plug in the power to the Wireless Access Point, and then the wireless receivers.

We will also send you a private message to gather more information to make sure that we get your issue fixed once and for all.

-David T

Need more help?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

93 of 180 (28,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2014 5:43:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for your response.  We have resolved the wireless access point problem.

I will send you a private message about the router set up.

Have a blessed weekend!

Thank you for your response.  We have resolved the wireless access point problem.

I will send you a private message about the router set up.

Have a blessed weekend!

94 of 180 (28,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2014 7:55:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Please help! My wireless receivers freeze up and go offline constantly! 

I am having the same issue. Please help! My wireless receivers freeze up and go offline constantly! 

95 of 180 (28,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 1:08:37 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Kelleysimpson,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and help get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @Kelleysimpson,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and help get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

96 of 180 (28,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 7:48:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having a similiar situation and its very frustrating.  Even once paired and the TV starts to work again the WAP still has blinking link and paired lights.  But what I really don't understand is why you need a special wireless router for the tv at all.  I've already got a wireless network transmitter.  Why in the world do I need a second one specifically for the TV system?  And guess what, I never have problems with a device connecting to my Apple base station, unlike my UVerse WAP.  Smiley Sad

I'm having a similiar situation and its very frustrating.  Even once paired and the TV starts to work again the WAP still has blinking link and paired lights.  But what I really don't understand is why you need a special wireless router for the tv at all.  I've already got a wireless network transmitter.  Why in the world do I need a second one specifically for the TV system?  And guess what, I never have problems with a device connecting to my Apple base station, unlike my UVerse WAP.  Smiley Sad

97 of 180 (28,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2014 2:11:22 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @bjurasz,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. One of the main reasons we use a secondary device for the wireless receivers is to isolate the traffic and interference to the receivers. The Wireless Access Point acts more as a repeater so the Quality of Service Control and routing protocols are still present, and it uses a different wireless frequency than most wireless devices.

We will be sending you a private message to gather more information to get this issue fixed for you.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @bjurasz,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. One of the main reasons we use a secondary device for the wireless receivers is to isolate the traffic and interference to the receivers. The Wireless Access Point acts more as a repeater so the Quality of Service Control and routing protocols are still present, and it uses a different wireless frequency than most wireless devices.

We will be sending you a private message to gather more information to get this issue fixed for you.

-David T

Need more help?

98 of 180 (28,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 2:31:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. im on uverse, my wireless receiver loses signal!!! I have the new motorola wap. 

I have the exact same problem. im on uverse, my wireless receiver loses signal!!! I have the new motorola wap. 

99 of 180 (27,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2014 2:45:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem consistently for the past several weeks. It seems to coincide with people performing downloads on PCs that are connected wirelessly to the network but it could be coincidence as my kids are constantly downloading stuff. I've tried all the tricks I know. Reboot network, reboot gateway to factory defaults, and changing the broadcast channels on the Cisco WAP. Please help.Not 100% sure it's not related to the DVR as it is one of the older ones and we don't seem to have as many issues with live television, mostly recorded content.

I've been having the same problem consistently for the past several weeks. It seems to coincide with people performing downloads on PCs that are connected wirelessly to the network but it could be coincidence as my kids are constantly downloading stuff. I've tried all the tricks I know. Reboot network, reboot gateway to factory defaults, and changing the broadcast channels on the Cisco WAP. Please help.Not 100% sure it's not related to the DVR as it is one of the older ones and we don't seem to have as many issues with live television, mostly recorded content.

100 of 180 (27,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2014 9:10:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having this same problem. My Cisco AP lost connection to our WPS sometime last night. I have followed the steps recommended on screen, as well as attempted troubleshooting by reading the forums, and nothing works. It simply always fails to pair with the WPS now. Very aggravating. Can someone please assist me with this.

I am also having this same problem. My Cisco AP lost connection to our WPS sometime last night. I have followed the steps recommended on screen, as well as attempted troubleshooting by reading the forums, and nothing works. It simply always fails to pair with the WPS now. Very aggravating. Can someone please assist me with this.

101 of 180 (27,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2014 7:02:28 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello aladonn,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with your equipment. I can help you restore the connection for the wireless receiver. Please send me your account information to determine if we need to replace your Wireless Access Point.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hello aladonn,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with your equipment. I can help you restore the connection for the wireless receiver. Please send me your account information to determine if we need to replace your Wireless Access Point.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

102 of 180 (27,728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2014 6:20:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi! I have had Uverse service since May 2013, and have had no problems with the wireless receiver until this past weekend, when the receiver lost it's connection. I have rebooted the units (e.g. router, WAP and receiver)  multiple times and  I have tried moving the wireless receiver to another room that is within 10 feet of the Cisco WAP . The wirless signal indicator is 5 solid green "bars" and all I get is the AT&T Uverse logo on the screen and a continuous spinning arrow in the lower right hand corner. I also have tried changing the channel to 36 as was suggest in another post.  Could the Cisco WAP finally fail as was mentioned in other posts? How can I get the Motorola WAP to replace it?

Thanks! 

Hi! I have had Uverse service since May 2013, and have had no problems with the wireless receiver until this past weekend, when the receiver lost it's connection. I have rebooted the units (e.g. router, WAP and receiver)  multiple times and  I have tried moving the wireless receiver to another room that is within 10 feet of the Cisco WAP . The wirless signal indicator is 5 solid green "bars" and all I get is the AT&T Uverse logo on the screen and a continuous spinning arrow in the lower right hand corner. I also have tried changing the channel to 36 as was suggest in another post.  Could the Cisco WAP finally fail as was mentioned in other posts? How can I get the Motorola WAP to replace it?

Thanks! 

103 of 180 (27,687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2014 8:09:41 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @ncrams151,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and get that WAP replaced for you.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @ncrams151,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and get that WAP replaced for you.

-David T

Need more help?

104 of 180 (27,679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2014 7:27:40 AM
(0)
Voyager

I wonder why AT&T advertises a "wireless" service that barely works. I set everything up, and it worked for about 5 minutes before the connection was lost. The access point is about 20 feet from receiver with direct line of sight. Now the signal is out for 3-4 minutes for every minute that it actually works. Incredibly disappointed by AT&T's advertisements and employees suggesting that this is a viable option. Why come to market with something that clearly does not work well (based upon the numerous complaints that I've seen on this thread specifically). How close does it have to be to actually work? 

I wonder why AT&T advertises a "wireless" service that barely works. I set everything up, and it worked for about 5 minutes before the connection was lost. The access point is about 20 feet from receiver with direct line of sight. Now the signal is out for 3-4 minutes for every minute that it actually works. Incredibly disappointed by AT&T's advertisements and employees suggesting that this is a viable option. Why come to market with something that clearly does not work well (based upon the numerous complaints that I've seen on this thread specifically). How close does it have to be to actually work? 

105 of 180 (27,573 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 1:37:56 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Dank20 ,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. With a direct line of sight, the receiver should be able to easily go 20 feet. My receiver is about 20 feet away, but it has to go through 1 wall, and I have no issues. If you are noticing that the wireless bars on the receiver are below 3, then it may be an issue with the distance. Otherwise, there may be something that is causing interference or an issue with the equipment. Try rebooting the WAP and the wireless receiver by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back. Make sure there are no other devices around that can cause issues with the wireless signal.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @Dank20 ,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. With a direct line of sight, the receiver should be able to easily go 20 feet. My receiver is about 20 feet away, but it has to go through 1 wall, and I have no issues. If you are noticing that the wireless bars on the receiver are below 3, then it may be an issue with the distance. Otherwise, there may be something that is causing interference or an issue with the equipment. Try rebooting the WAP and the wireless receiver by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back. Make sure there are no other devices around that can cause issues with the wireless signal.

-David T

Need more help?

106 of 180 (27,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 7:41:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

I too am having the same problem with the Cisco WAP.  I have two wireless receivers and three wired.  Obviously, the wired are fine.  Need some help AT&T!  Please respond.

I too am having the same problem with the Cisco WAP.  I have two wireless receivers and three wired.  Obviously, the wired are fine.  Need some help AT&T!  Please respond.

107 of 180 (27,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2014 11:03:39 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @my2sons8791,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I will be glad to help. Make sure the WAP is not sitting next to anything that could cause interference. Also, try disconnecting your DVR to see if you are still having problems. If so, try rebooting the DVR and U-verse router.

I will also send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @my2sons8791,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I will be glad to help. Make sure the WAP is not sitting next to anything that could cause interference. Also, try disconnecting your DVR to see if you are still having problems. If so, try rebooting the DVR and U-verse router.

I will also send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Need more help?

108 of 180 (27,507 Views)
(3)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 9, 2014 11:16:53 AM
(3)
Community Support
Edited by ATTU-verseCare on Sep 24, 2014 at 7:12:12 AM

­

Many common AT&T U-verse Wireless TV Receiver problems can be solved by checking the following:

Check your Connections

Ensure all cables and cords are connected properly and securely. Test with a different Ethernet cable if having connection problems.

1. Confirm you have power. If you have power and the TV Receiver is turned on, the Power button on the front of the receiver will have a green light surrounding it. If you do not have power, move the TV Receiver to a working electrical outlet.
  2. If no lights are on, ensure that the TV Receiver is turned on by pressing and releasing the AT&T button on the remote control, and then pressing and holding the POWER button on the receiver for 10 seconds.
  3. Power cycle the Wireless Access Point (WAP) by unplugging the WAP from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Wait two minutes for the Wireless Receiver to start up.
  4. There should be at least 3 wireless bars on your Wireless Receiver to maintain a good signal. Move the receiver closer to the WAP or vice-versa (to determine if the problem is a distance issue).

Check for Interference

1. Make sure there are no devices around the Wireless Access Point or Wireless Receiver that can cause interference, such as cordless phones, baby monitors, etc...
  2. Make sure the Wireless Access Point and Wireless Receiver are not in an enclosed area.

Disconnect the DVR

1. All the receivers in the house have to pair with the DVR through for DVR content. If the DVR is having issues, it will cause issues to the other receivers.
  2. Unplug the DVR and keep it disconnected. Reboot the U-verse Gateway and Wireless Receiver.
  3. If the issues clear up, try connecting the DVR back to see if rebooting the DVR helped resolve the issue. 

1. Disconnect your Wireless TV Receiver from the original location and reconnect the power cord at a location closer to the Wireless Access Point (WAP) 
  3. Press the OK button on the front of the Wireless TV Receiver and press the WPS button on the WAP.
  5. After two minutes, the Link light on the front of the Wireless TV Receiver should be solid green.
  6. Following a successful pairing, unplug the Wireless TV Receiver and reconnect it at the desired location.

If the previous steps have been exhausted and the TV receiver continues to malfunction please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance. If you are not a member of the U-verse community forums, we welcome you to register and reach out to us.

Need more help?

­

Check your Connections

Check for Interference

Disconnect the DVR

Need more help?

[ Edited ]
109 of 180 (27,415 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 1:52:10 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have a much similar problem with all of our TV's and computer! this is the second time I have had to write this post. I spent 30 minutes explaining our problems on this thread and LOST MY POST DUE TO INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE. Our TVs do the "lost connection" blue screen and we have to change the channel to change the channel back to what we were watching originally! We also get interruptions due to rain in our area, as well as minor interruptions during the rest of the our TV watching hours. We have had at least 8 service techs come out to troubleshoot (both inside and outside). The last outside tech said we were too far from the main box for our subdivision. Approx 1-1/2 miles. I believe this is two separate problems though.
I have a much similar problem with all of our TV's and computer! this is the second time I have had to write this post. I spent 30 minutes explaining our problems on this thread and LOST MY POST DUE TO INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE. Our TVs do the "lost connection" blue screen and we have to change the channel to change the channel back to what we were watching originally! We also get interruptions due to rain in our area, as well as minor interruptions during the rest of the our TV watching hours. We have had at least 8 service techs come out to troubleshoot (both inside and outside). The last outside tech said we were too far from the main box for our subdivision. Approx 1-1/2 miles. I believe this is two separate problems though.

110 of 180 (27,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2014 11:24:43 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @idputters,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. Since your internet connection is going down also, it does sound like there is an issue with the signal coming to your house. I will be sending you a private message to assist with this issue further.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @idputters,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. Since your internet connection is going down also, it does sound like there is an issue with the signal coming to your house. I will be sending you a private message to assist with this issue further.

-David T

Need more help?

111 of 180 (27,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2014 7:14:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have similar issues to those described. The wireless connection to tv in bedroom stopped working. I have repeatedly done the above steps and always get: access point not found or connection error. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. thanks

I have similar issues to those described. The wireless connection to tv in bedroom stopped working. I have repeatedly done the above steps and always get: access point not found or connection error. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. thanks

112 of 180 (26,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 9:42:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same issue as everyone else. We have had a service person out to the house and he did the power cycle of all the equipment and replaced the remote for some reason. After 2 days the problem returned and occurs at least once a day. We have an CISCO acces point. Today we called back to get this resolved and they said they would charge us $140 to come out again. This is unacceptable on so many levels. The entire reason we went with this wireless cable is because the service guy didn't want to run the cable and now you guys want to charge us to do the right thing and fix the problem. Please help us fix this really annoying problem.

Having the same issue as everyone else. We have had a service person out to the house and he did the power cycle of all the equipment and replaced the remote for some reason. After 2 days the problem returned and occurs at least once a day. We have an CISCO acces point. Today we called back to get this resolved and they said they would charge us $140 to come out again. This is unacceptable on so many levels. The entire reason we went with this wireless cable is because the service guy didn't want to run the cable and now you guys want to charge us to do the right thing and fix the problem. Please help us fix this really annoying problem.

113 of 180 (26,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2014 8:15:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Ok. I have a Cisco Wireless receiver and I assume a Cisco WAP. I can watch TV just fine on the wireless, but DVR hangs, then plays 5 seconds, then hangs. It's unwatchable. The TV is upstairs directly above the router/WAP. The wireless router was put in so the installation would be easier...I didn't request it. However, if I can't watch DVR upstairs, I don't wanna pay for the extra receiver per month. Please advise. (We've done all the steps...still won't work.)
Ok. I have a Cisco Wireless receiver and I assume a Cisco WAP. I can watch TV just fine on the wireless, but DVR hangs, then plays 5 seconds, then hangs. It's unwatchable. The TV is upstairs directly above the router/WAP. The wireless router was put in so the installation would be easier...I didn't request it. However, if I can't watch DVR upstairs, I don't wanna pay for the extra receiver per month. Please advise. (We've done all the steps...still won't work.)

Ok. I have a Cisco Wireless receiver and I assume a Cisco...

114 of 180 (26,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2014 12:30:11 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @bigdog5142,

We will be happy to look into this for you and get this issue fixed.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi @bigdog5142,

We will be happy to look into this for you and get this issue fixed.

-David T

Need more help?

Re: Ok. I have a Cisco Wireless receiver and I assume a Cisco...

115 of 180 (26,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2014 12:49:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

We were having problems with the coax. The technician came and swore the wireless wouled solve all the problems

We were having problems with the coax. The technician came and swore the wireless wouled solve all the problems

116 of 180 (26,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2014 11:19:04 AM
(0)
Explorer

Three out of the last four nights, right around 10pm, our wireless boxes have lost connection, often saying something about not knowing which WAP to connect to (we only have one). When we power cycle the router and WAP, it comes back. Now today it's been going out all day, forcing us to power cycle the router and WAP several times already.

We had problems in the past, but things have been working great for a few months. Why is this suddenly becoming a persistent problem now?

Three out of the last four nights, right around 10pm, our wireless boxes have lost connection, often saying something about not knowing which WAP to connect to (we only have one). When we power cycle the router and WAP, it comes back. Now today it's been going out all day, forcing us to power cycle the router and WAP several times already.

We had problems in the past, but things have been working great for a few months. Why is this suddenly becoming a persistent problem now?

117 of 180 (25,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2014 10:13:49 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @TheWheelMan,

I am sorry about all the issues you are having. It sounds like there may be an issue with the WAP communicating with the devices. Try doing a full factory reset on the U-verse gateway by logging into the router at http://192.168.1.254 and going to the diagnostics page and doing a reset. If still having issues, it may be something wrong with the equipment, and we can definitely help get that fixed.

Thank you,

David T

Need more help?

Hi @TheWheelMan,

I am sorry about all the issues you are having. It sounds like there may be an issue with the WAP communicating with the devices. Try doing a full factory reset on the U-verse gateway by logging into the router at http://192.168.1.254 and going to the diagnostics page and doing a reset. If still having issues, it may be something wrong with the equipment, and we can definitely help get that fixed.

Thank you,

David T

Need more help?

118 of 180 (25,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2014 1:37:18 PM
(0)
Explorer

I logged into the WAP yesterday and changed the channel, as I saw suggested in another post in this thread. So far, the problem hasn't resurfaced since. I this happens again, I will try your latest suggestion, and then proceed from there as warranted.

Thank you!

I logged into the WAP yesterday and changed the channel, as I saw suggested in another post in this thread. So far, the problem hasn't resurfaced since. I this happens again, I will try your latest suggestion, and then proceed from there as warranted.

Thank you!

119 of 180 (25,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2014 2:24:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi,

I am glad everything is working great now. If you do run into any issues, feel free to reach out to us for help.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi,

I am glad everything is working great now. If you do run into any issues, feel free to reach out to us for help.

-David T

Need more help?

120 of 180 (25,269 Views)