lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issue. My wireless receiver will connect and within a few minutes it disconnects and starts the connect process over again. It has only been happening for two days. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've checked everything suggested and everything looks good.  It is getting annoying to have to reset the receiver at least once a day to just watch TV.  Please help.  Thanks

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi jmacam45,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, and thank you for trying all the steps that my thoughts suggested. I will be happy to help and will have my team send you a private message to look into this further.

-David T

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Murray0705,

I apologize for the issues you are having with the wireless receiver. I would be happy to help and will have my team send you a private message to discuss this further.

-David T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I seem to be encountering a similar issue to the one posted in this thread.  I have 2 wireless receivers in my home.  Sometime this week both began dropping their signal.  I've tried a hard reset on all of my devices - DVR, gateway, cisco wap, and both wireless receivers.  When the wireless receivers reboot they establish an intitial connection and I get TV for approximately 15 seconds before the signal is dropped and the receivers start to reboot.  Whatever the issues is, it does not appear to affect other devices connected to WiFi (i.e tablets, smartphones, BluRay).  It also has not affected service on our primary DVR-receiver.

Any tips or suggestions for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having this problem with 2 of my 4 wireless receivers.  I have the Cisco WAP.

I have changed the control channel to 36 on the WAP and the problem is still occuring.

Any other suggestions?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  The issue does appear to be with the DVR.  I unplugged it and was able to operate the both of my wireless receivers without any problems.  When I restored power to the DVR the wireless receivers lost signal within 2-3 minutes.  I've not yet attempted a factory reset on the DVR.  Will post again with result when I do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issue. Wireless connection cuts out every 5-10 minutes when watching DVR. Sometimes it only takes about 1-2 minutes. This is unbearable. Please assist me!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi davidgbayard,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, I am having the same issue as the original poster where my wireless box loses conection to the modem and the only way to reset it is unplug the modem and WAP.  Given that all of these things are in a network connection box it is not ideal.  Can an AT&T employee please let me know what I need to do to remedy this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.