Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 12, 2013
3:47:05 PM
View profile
Why is my Uverse picture not as clear as it was with an antenna?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 13, 2013 2:28:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's also the fact that Uverse compresses the image from 12-13M OTA to 5.7M Mpeg 4 H.264 HD.   Obviously when compressed that much, it will not look as good as OTA images will. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:15:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sometimes you have to calibrate your TV to the provider.  Let us know what TV make and model you have and we can do some research.  I has Dish back in '08 before I switched to U-verse and I thought Dish was better.  Some folks helped me out and now I think U-verse is way better than Dish ever was.  Of course that's my opinion.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Sometimes you have to calibrate your TV to the provider.  Let us know what TV make and model you have and we can do some research.  I has Dish back in '08 before I switched to U-verse and I thought Dish was better.  Some folks helped me out and now I think U-verse is way better than Dish ever was.  Of course that's my opinion.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why is my Uverse picture not as clear as it was with an antenna?

2 of 3 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 13, 2013 2:28:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's also the fact that Uverse compresses the image from 12-13M OTA to 5.7M Mpeg 4 H.264 HD.   Obviously when compressed that much, it will not look as good as OTA images will. Smiley Wink

Chris

Chris

Re: Why is my Uverse picture not as clear as it was with an antenna?

3 of 3 (846 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments