cindyg58's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 1:49 AM

What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a wireless receiver?

What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a Uverse wireless receiver?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Means it's not connecting to the RG and getting an IP address.  Try an unplug/plug in reboot of the RG for 30 seconds, then the same on the WAP (wireless access point) near the RG then the wireless receiver.

If you still get the same aerror, the Community Mgrs here will be around Sunday during the day and should be able to help w/things.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Edit:  This thread may supply some info:

https://getsocial.att.com/message/4817#4817

Chris

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. We'll give it a try, but we have a tech coming out on Tuesday as a backup plan.

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

Southern Methodist University

XXXXXXXX

XXX

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi jackson,

I noticed a technician did go out and get everything up and running. We just wanted to check in with you and make sure everything was working perfectly.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yes - everything is working well now. Thanks!

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

Southern Methodist University

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

That is great to hear. Glad everything is working as is, and if you have any other issues or questions, let us know and we would be glad to help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

ATT just sent me a replacement wireless receiver because I kept having to reboot my original wireless box after turning it off. I was able to pair the new wireless receiver but kept getting client initialization error. When I hooked up the old box it works fine until I turn off the tv and then I have to reboot next time to get signal back but at least it works then. ATT sent me another new wireless box and I get the same error. Any help?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.