Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 3, 2013
6:49:00 PM
What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a wireless receiver?

What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a Uverse wireless receiver?

What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a Uverse wireless receiver?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 4, 2013 12:33:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Means it's not connecting to the RG and getting an IP address.  Try an unplug/plug in reboot of the RG for 30 seconds, then the same on the WAP (wireless access point) near the RG then the wireless receiver.

If you still get the same aerror, the Community Mgrs here will be around Sunday during the day and should be able to help w/things.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Edit:  This thread may supply some info:

https://getsocial.att.com/message/4817#4817

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a wireless receiver?

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 4, 2013 12:33:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Means it's not connecting to the RG and getting an IP address.  Try an unplug/plug in reboot of the RG for 30 seconds, then the same on the WAP (wireless access point) near the RG then the wireless receiver.

If you still get the same aerror, the Community Mgrs here will be around Sunday during the day and should be able to help w/things.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a wireless receiver?

2 of 8 (6,118 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2013 10:30:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks. We'll give it a try, but we have a tech coming out on Tuesday as a backup plan.

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

Southern Methodist University

XXXXXXXX

XXX

Thanks. We'll give it a try, but we have a tech coming out on Tuesday as a backup plan.

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

XXXXXXXX

XXX

Re: What does "client initialization error" mean when connecting a wireless receiver?

3 of 8 (6,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 6:06:30 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jackson,

I noticed a technician did go out and get everything up and running. We just wanted to check in with you and make sure everything was working perfectly.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi jackson,

I noticed a technician did go out and get everything up and running. We just wanted to check in with you and make sure everything was working perfectly.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (6,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 7:10:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes - everything is working well now. Thanks!

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

Yes - everything is working well now. Thanks!

Cindy Gautreaux

Facilities Manager,

Fondren Library Center

5 of 8 (6,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 7:18:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

That is great to hear. Glad everything is working as is, and if you have any other issues or questions, let us know and we would be glad to help.

That is great to hear. Glad everything is working as is, and if you have any other issues or questions, let us know and we would be glad to help.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (6,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2014 12:13:22 PM
(0)
Contributor
ATT just sent me a replacement wireless receiver because I kept having to reboot my original wireless box after turning it off. I was able to pair the new wireless receiver but kept getting client initialization error. When I hooked up the old box it works fine until I turn off the tv and then I have to reboot next time to get signal back but at least it works then. ATT sent me another new wireless box and I get the same error. Any help?
ATT just sent me a replacement wireless receiver because I kept having to reboot my original wireless box after turning it off. I was able to pair the new wireless receiver but kept getting client initialization error. When I hooked up the old box it works fine until I turn off the tv and then I have to reboot next time to get signal back but at least it works then. ATT sent me another new wireless box and I get the same error. Any help?

7 of 8 (3,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2014 12:55:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Sounds like hdmi cable issue on having to reboot receiver, change cable to componet (5 color...red white for audio, red blue green for pic).

To install new wireless requires the removal of old wireless from account.
when is the activation date for new receiver?
Sounds like hdmi cable issue on having to reboot receiver, change cable to componet (5 color...red white for audio, red blue green for pic).

To install new wireless requires the removal of old wireless from account.
when is the activation date for new receiver?

8 of 8 (3,495 Views)