For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ApexRon's profile

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 2:36 PM

WNCN / WRAL Affiliate Swap

Currently WRAL is an affiliate of CBS and WNCN of NBC but on Monday, February 29 they will swap the national network they are affiliated with. I have many national network programs scheduled to record for both. Will U-Verse change the assigned stations in my DVR schedule automatically or will I have to do manually? If I have to do manually, is there a way to get a copy of all that I have scheduled?

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

The DVR records by the name of the program so as long as you have it set to record a program it should record unless you have it set to record the program on a channel.  Check your channel options

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@dinglesby wrote:

The DVR records by the name of the program so as long as you have it set to record a program it should record unless you have it set to record the program on a channel.  Check your channel options

I believe the default is to limit to a channel.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@ApexRon  - As @JefferMC says the first criteria for starting a recording is the channel number. If a show is not on the channel number listed on the series item or there is an infrequent error that removes the channel number from the series list record - the episode will not record.

So, you do need to manually change(remove old - add new) all your series settings for any of the shows on these channels that are moving to a different number. Once the Series list is changed the scheduled list will soon follow when the new series records are processed.

You can find the existing list - DVR-  Series (last item on top header)

Note that only network programs change channel number. It is a subset of all programs on each channel. The channel level is not changing. There would not be an automatic way to determine which programs to change.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

I was able to print a list of scheduled programming from the U-Verse website's view DVR function. I am planning to use the IMDB website to determine what programming will never return so that I can delete as well as which CBS/NBC programs are in a seasonal hiatus so that I can make note to add them at a later date. Finally, using my printout, I will go through and delete the programs that are moving channels and then, using the guide, add them back.

Joy

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ApexRon wrote:

I was able to print a list of scheduled programming from the U-Verse website's view DVR function. I am planning to use the IMDB website to determine what programming will never return so that I can delete as well as which CBS/NBC programs are in a seasonal hiatus so that I can make note to add them at a later date. Finally, using my printout, I will go through and delete the programs that are moving channels and then, using the guide, add them back.

Joy

Think you're going through alot more than you need to, wouldn't be surprised if everything just switchs over automatically.  We have gone through channel # changes that switched things over in the past. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.