Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 4, 2013
6:53:55 PM
View profile
This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

According to my order the activation date is 9-4 for my wireless receiver.  I did some further research on the error and saw that it would not be available until 8pm.  That was an hour ago.  I have rebooted everything and still get the same error message.  Is there something I am missing?

According to my order the activation date is 9-4 for my wireless receiver.  I did some further research on the error and saw that it would not be available until 8pm.  That was an hour ago.  I have rebooted everything and still get the same error message.  Is there something I am missing?

This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

5 replies
(8) Me too
(8) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:37:32 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi wollnoer,

We apologize about the inconveniences with the STB not working. If the STB is plugged in before the time it is ready, a flag gets triggered, which keeps the STB from connecting. I have reprovisioned the STB, and hopefully a quick reboot will fix the issue. Let us know how it goes.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi wollnoer,

We apologize about the inconveniences with the STB not working. If the STB is plugged in before the time it is ready, a flag gets triggered, which keeps the STB from connecting. I have reprovisioned the STB, and hopefully a quick reboot will fix the issue. Let us know how it goes.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

2 of 6 (7,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 10:39:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

My wireless receiver service was supposed to be set up in two rooms back in early October but it's never worked. Tech came out and when he left both TV's display 'This set top box does not match account settings'

My wireless receiver service was supposed to be set up in two rooms back in early October but it's never worked. Tech came out and when he left both TV's display 'This set top box does not match account settings'

3 of 6 (7,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 12:47:27 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Nov 28, 2013 at 12:49:01 PM

MusuperfanKC, your wireless receivers are misconfigured (dirty) and need to be scrubbed clean.

A tech (service visit) or tier 2 rep (phone or chat) can do this. Both boxes need to be unplugged, on the bottom of receiver is a GUI (long number) that will be needed to identify receiver, when instructed plug just the receiver in that gave number for, when that one is connected, can then do other.

Your choice 4 hour appointment window, or time on phone , or chat.

If these have not been activated yet....
When screen comes up, depress OK on receiver, depress button on WAP, when the screen at receiver says try again,
Depress OK button (remote or on stb) another screen for update, depress OK give about 10 minutes to load, reboot when checking depress menu to verify recordings, if no recordings menu not finished booting.

Set aspect ratio MENU, OPTIONS, etc.

should take about 20 minutes per receiver.

MusuperfanKC, your wireless receivers are misconfigured (dirty) and need to be scrubbed clean.

A tech (service visit) or tier 2 rep (phone or chat) can do this. Both boxes need to be unplugged, on the bottom of receiver is a GUI (long number) that will be needed to identify receiver, when instructed plug just the receiver in that gave number for, when that one is connected, can then do other.

Your choice 4 hour appointment window, or time on phone , or chat.

If these have not been activated yet....
When screen comes up, depress OK on receiver, depress button on WAP, when the screen at receiver says try again,
Depress OK button (remote or on stb) another screen for update, depress OK give about 10 minutes to load, reboot when checking depress menu to verify recordings, if no recordings menu not finished booting.

Set aspect ratio MENU, OPTIONS, etc.

should take about 20 minutes per receiver.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (7,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 7:28:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a wired receiver and it's not working.  We moved and we had our service moved but when they installed it at the new location they didnt transfer the address.  Wifi and Cable worked for a month but then it cut out and nobody could help, tech support couldnt help and technicians couldnt either.  Finally I was able to have someone register my wifi so it now works but now my uverse cable does not work and it tells me that the set top box does not match the account settings on the receiver.

HELP!

I have a wired receiver and it's not working.  We moved and we had our service moved but when they installed it at the new location they didnt transfer the address.  Wifi and Cable worked for a month but then it cut out and nobody could help, tech support couldnt help and technicians couldnt either.  Finally I was able to have someone register my wifi so it now works but now my uverse cable does not work and it tells me that the set top box does not match the account settings on the receiver.

HELP!

5 of 6 (5,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2014 12:13:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

I need help with my reciever Smiley Sad getting same message and was helped earlier by a tech and nothing changed

I need help with my reciever Smiley Sad getting same message and was helped earlier by a tech and nothing changed

6 of 6 (3,953 Views)