JimJack2014's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 8:17 PM

TV plays for 10 seconds and then freezes up.

When I turn on my Uverse/TV, the picture plays for about 10-20 seconds and then freezes up. It doesn't respond to any buttons pressed on the remote or the Uverse unit itself. I've tried resetting it, unplugging it, everything. It starts back up, but then freezes again.

The wireless unit in the other rooms works just fine.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

The one that is problematic is not the DVR? Is it on COAX?

Problem could be a poor connection anywhere on the COAX.

Could be a bad box.

Check for bad/loose connection. Try a whole hose reboot -

Pull power on RG - DVR & others -

Restore RG power, wait for all green.

Restore DVR, wait for viewing.

Restore other STBs /WAP.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@JimJack2014 wrote:

When I turn on my Uverse/TV, the picture plays for about 10-20 seconds and then freezes up. It doesn't respond to any buttons pressed on the remote or the Uverse unit itself. I've tried resetting it, unplugging it, everything. It starts back up, but then freezes again.

The wireless unit in the other rooms works just fine.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sounds like you've connected it through a router.  Have you?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah the one that is having problems is on COAX. Just tried moving things around and making sure everything was plugged in correctly, but still having the same problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I believe it's connected through a router. The wireless one is in my bedroom and works find, and the one plugged into the wall in the living room is the one having problems.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

fine*

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Can you provide a diagram of how things are configured?  I'm having a hard time picturing how it can be connected via Coax, yet be connected through a router.  If you can't do a drawing, then describe your whole network from the point it enters your home from the NID on the back.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I honestly have no clue what I'm talking about. I'll try to describe it the best I can:

The unit having problems is plugged into a wall with a thick white cord, which is what I assumed you guys meant by Coax.

Then I have one in my room that is a wireless TV receiever, and that one works fine.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Do you know what's on the other end of where that thick white cord is connected?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

It goes from the VIDEO IN on the box to something like this on the wall http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/03/87/63517605452054/0/make-super-secret-wall-safe-for-less-than-3.w654.jpg

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Oh.... that's the connection to the TV?  You said the "wireless on in the other rooms works just fine," so is this won also wireless, or is it connected to something other than the TV (and power)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.