paulnatzke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 3:17 PM

Sound drops periodically on AMC HD

Regardless of what show I watch on AMC HD, the sound will cut out for a couple of seconds at least a half dozen times during a 1 hour show. Sometimes it occurs on A&E HD too, but otherwise it doesn't happen on any other channel that I watch. Very irritating. Thoughts?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @eddie4672 ,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Sound is dropping for me too during walking dead. No other channels.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've had 3 different boxes and lives in 3 different locations and it's been happening everywhere I go. I don't know if it's a bandwidth issue or what but my picture quality isn't that good. I notice pixelation when watching fast moving stuff (pacific rim) and feel like I'm getting screwed. I watch AMC at my parents house with direct TV and the picture is way better plus no dropouts. I'm really thinking of switching over but I'm waiting to see if fiber optic fixes the problem. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about the inconveniences. We are investigating this issue and working towards getting it corrected. For anyone having issues with sound dropping on AMC, please send us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

They changed my modem with an updated unit and it solved my issue with the sound drop-outs.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

Same here, with or without reciever. Only on AMC HD. 

3 different DVR,  different cables, different modems. It's a problem with AMC feed, not our hardware. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The link you've given is bogus.  It won't let me send anything.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

The link works, but it's a waste of time. It's a known issue going on for 5 years. Only on AMC and I think A&E?  

Its not our equipment. 

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Below is a copy of the message I sentto AT&T describing audio issue and my attempt to fix it.

=============================

In response to the message I found on the forums, I am having problems with the audio quality with digital sound on my entertainment system for quite sometime (more than a year.)  

Symptom:
During a 1 hour program, audio drops for about 1 second -  as few as 1 time and as many as 10 times - often resulting in missed dialogue. This occurs during both live and recorded playback.  During recorded playback the audio issue is reproducible 100% of the time (i.e.: I can rewind and playback a specific issue in exactly the same place each time,) which suggests this is a signal problem from ATT to the DVR not an inside equipment issue. Additionally the Yamaha Digital Audio Receiver has indicator lights displaying the type of audio signal it is processing (ie Stereo, 5.1, 7.1 etc.) and when the audio drops out, the signal display on the audio receiver responds accordingly.  I can also choose to eliminate the Audio receiver from the equation and playback plain stereo audio direct to the TV; however, watching playback in this manner does not reduce the frequency of the audio playback problem. I notice it most often during playback on AMC channel 1119; however, I notice the problem on other Premium channels from time to time. I have an 18MB internet connection.  I can watch Netflix via the Samsung Smart App and playback audio sound perfectly with no history of any kind of audio signal failure.  I can stream movies from my computer across the same network with no single occurrence of audio signal loss. I can connect my Apple TV to the same Samsung Smart Hub and playback recorded content with no single occurrence of audio signal loss.

Since I've found some more time to deal with this issue I've begun to call AT&T service to assess the problem.  

My current Equipment is::
TV Samsung (UN55JS8500FXZA) Purchased September 2015
Yamaha RX-A750 Digital Receiver Purchased September 2015
AT&T Uverse DVR (VIP2250) direct to internet gateway via Ethernet cable
Connection Path TV to DVR: HDMI to Samsung Smart Hub (port 1),
Connection Path TV to RX-A750: HDMI ARC port to Samsung Smart Hub (port 4.)

So far This is how I have begun to address the issue:
Toggled Audio playback options on DVR between Stereo (AAC) and Stereo Surround (5.1)
Gateway (ARRIS NVG599) replaced July 2015
HDMI Cables replaced August 2015 (Purchased and swapped three different cables)
DVR (VIP2250) Replaced November 12, 2015
Rebooted both DVR and Gateway countless times.
Tested inside Ethernet cable (CAT5e) - Cable tests positive - no issues

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.