jeboye's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, June 7th, 2015 12:24 AM

Sound Dropping on AMC

Hi,

The sound on AMC HD constantly drops for about a second. This happens during both live and recorded television shows on the network. I have tried with both my surround sound and internal TV speakers and no differences. I've seen a few other older posts about this, but no posted solution. It's making watching movies from AMC on the DVR pretty annoting.

I have one wired DVR (the newer model) and one wireless receiver. Happens on both untis/TVs. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@jeboye  True, I've never seen an answer and never had it happen to me.  So, only thing I could recommend is this:

I'd do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots. Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if the audio dropouts disappear

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

If the reboot doesn't work then it could be a channel issue. Have you experienced this issue on other HD channels or just AMC only?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Just AMC. And it's consistent as clockwork. No matter what we watch on there, there is sound issues. If it is a channel issue, how do I handle that? It seems that others have had the same issue with the same channel. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion of the whole home reset. I followed your directions and am still having the same issue.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

9 years ago

Always had this issue with AMC, doesn't matter what DVR even with the newest Arris still have the audio drop.
I asked the same question few years ago.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I saw it was listed a few times on the forums but never a solution. Just seems that its a somewhat common issue. You think ATT would do something about it.

Wonder if it's an issue with other television providers?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I had Verizon FiOS for years and never had this issue with AMC, yet with the same setup I have this issue with U-verse.  I've rebooted everthing many times for this and other issues and this issue still appears.  I also have this issue with the 2 other wireless receivers in my house, so I know it's not related to any specific equipment (TV, speakers, receiver, cables, etc.) that I have.  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

It does sound like it is the AMC feed for your location. I tried my AMC channel & it sounds great.

Send a PM using this link to ask for escalation. Refer to this thread & give them your acct details - https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I've already sent a PM to them and have been discussing my issue with them.  I'm glad yours sounds great, mine sounds great too when it isn't dropping the sound for a few seconds every couple of minutes.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@davjo69 wrote:

I've already sent a PM to them and have been discussing my issue with them.  I'm glad yours sounds great, mine sounds great too when it isn't dropping the sound for a few seconds every couple of minutes.

He's just pointing out it's most likely something in your system, audio is great w/no dropouts on my TV, no audio system.  If you have an audio system, it might be providing the dropouts, has been a problem in the past on Uverse. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.