For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
un4givun2's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 11:29 PM

Signal Loss

Every time A thunder storm is anywhere near my house my signal gets so weak I have picture pixilation and temporary complete signal loss. I've been working with Uverse to resolve this problem and they are CLUELESS. When I ask them where the satelite is that receives this signal and transmits it through the fiber optics they INSIST there is no satellite receiving this signal and transmitting it. Due they think I'm really that stupid? All cable and fiber optic companies RECEIVE satelite signals, covert those signals, and then transmit them to you.

I live in Memphis, TN and what I really want to know is WHERE Uverse's satelilte/hub station is for Shelby county TN? I've got it narrowed down to within 10 miles since I can see storm cells move across my area and when I lose the signal I put a thumb tack on my map. When I call Uverse they tell me 3 lies depending on who I talk too: #1 lie is "there is no satelite signal being converted/transmitted and that this signal is 100% fiber optic. #2 lie is that there is no specific satelite hub in my area and that their network can transmit the signal to me from any one of several hundred satelite hubs with no interruptions. #3 lie is that THEY DON'T KNOW! REALLY Uverse?? You can't trace the signal coming to my house back to its source? Are you really that stupid or do you think I am that stupid?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @un4givun2,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse TV service, but I will be glad to help. With our technology, the picture should not be effected by your average thunderstorm. There may be an issue on your line that is causing these problems, and I will gladly investigate this for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.