For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ajs3737's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 19th, 2015 5:09 PM

My sound went

I have a Sony tv and bose sound bar connected to my u verse. The sound just went while watching tv any suggestions?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

9 years ago

Unplug the sound bar wait 10 seconds and plug back in. I have a Bose Solo 15, and have nothing but problems with it, delay audio, skipping audio, no audio, so I'm packing the system up and returning to Bose for a full refund. My Yamaha surround system in the other room works without any problems. Anyone have a good sound bar thats compatitble with U-verse?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I love my ZVOX - Awesome sound

It has three IR possibilities-

Its own - probably not u-verse supported. I use a Logitech Harmony smart control for three TVs. Three inputs allow me to select which TV I hear. ZVOX has two analog inputs (RCA red/white) & two digital (optical & COAX) cords included.

The ZVOX will learn IR from the u-verse (or any other) remote.

You can select the ZVOX to respond to one of five common TV code sets -

With one TV(with speaker off) I  like selecting that TV & turning off the speakers. If the ZVOX should not turn on with the TV it can be turned on with a blip on volume button. ZVOX recommends selecting a different TV for unique control of the ZVOX.

Possible disadvantages -

Most models may be too deep. There is one model that is not.

Only two higher price models have dolby input. Others are stereo.

Good news is you can try it for thirty days. Check out the deals for refurbs if you want to save. I did, Just got email that lowest price model is back in stock.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

I am also having soundbar issues.  I have a basic Sony soundbar.  Unsure of model number.  At any rate, I have never completely muted the TV volume on my 65" Samsung plasma.  SO, if the soundbar has an issue, I still hear the TV, albeit at a low volume.

1. At the start of many commercials, the first 3-6 (?) seconds audio is gone from the soundbar but still audible through the TV

2. During commercials often the phone # drops out (ODD!).

3. About 3 times since I have had my soundbar, there has been a horribly loud bit of electronic noise that sounded like glass breaking.  Once, after that, my soundbar was unresponsive.  I unplugged it and reconnected the power and it was fine.  I have read a couple of complaints like #3 that claimed that the UV STB did that.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

dhascall-

1.Odd that the TV works & the soundbar does not. Could be failing.

2. I do not understand.

3. I had that screech on a brand new Tosiba TV that I bought for the picture & returned it. The replacement also screeched, but not as loud. Returned that one two. Got a JVC because it really sold the sound. Lousy sound, but no screeches. Never heard any screahes except those two TVs.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

dhascall-

1.Odd that the TV works & the soundbar does not. Could be failing.

2. I do not understand.

3. I had that screech on a brand new Tosiba TV that I bought for the picture & returned it. The replacement also screeched, but not as loud. Returned that one two. Got a JVC because it really sold the sound. Lousy sound, but no screeches. Never heard any screahes except those two TVs.

I really wonder if I'm being plagued with the audio dropouts issue that others experuenced a while back?  I also wonder if IO would switch away from HDMI if that would help.

As far as the "screech," I would not exactly call it that but it seems like the same issue that some subs mentioned when they claimed U-Verse damaged their soundbar or receiver. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.