ljtanner1949's profile

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

Saturday, May 24th, 2014 2:52 AM

More problems with HD recording

So far, I've done six or so HD recordings.  Two were only a little glitchy, but watchable.  Two were seriously glitchy, but did calm down enough to make sense.  Two were totally useless.  These were done during prime time when there was 2 hdtvs and 1 sdtv on.  Only one recording was done at a time.  The good ones were done between 8a and noon.

I am extremely disappointed in how this is working.  My dvr is attached to an sdtv.  In that same room, there is also a wireless router and a wireless sensor controller.  Both of these units are always on, so I'm not sure how they could be causing intermittant problems.  The best recordings were done when no tvs were on.  My internet speed tested on an ethernet desktop using speedtest, has been fairly consistant at 20m.

I'm on the verge of chucking uverse and going with somethings else if can't get this recording business straightened out.

Z.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

ljtanner1949 - Are you saying you have TV & non-TV on a router on a leg from the RG? This layout can cause flooding of the router. It is best if a leg back to the RG contains only TV or non-TV. If you need more legs, you can add a router or switch on each leg, but keep the services on separate legs.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

The RG is a NGV589, the DVR is an ISB7500.  I'm not crazy about the factory reset.  I'll lose all my recordings (not the end of the world), but I assume I'll also lose my series?

Where do I find my max sync rate?

Thanks for your help.

Z.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

I failed to mention a coupla more bits of hardware.  When the techs rewired everything, they had to put in a switch between the input from the RG and the dvr.  That switch also feeds the two other wired tvs ( 1 hd, 1 sd).  I also have a roku xs that is under my new hdtv and far away from the dvr.

The other wireless router is not on this line from the RG.  There is a second line from the RG that goes to a computer, so I tucked the router between the RG and the computer.

I don't know if any of this makes a difference, but I would like to give you a complete picture of what is happening here.

Thanks again for your advice.

Z.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

The roku is wireless on the rg network.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

I did as aviewer suggested and separated services from tv and now all is well.  Thanks so much.  As a test, I did two hd recording last night and they both were fine.  Woohoo.

Now, my problem is that I would like to combine my two wireless networks into one.  I understand that I give the two routers the same name, turn off dhcp on the secondary router and change the start ip address on the primary to not assign the same address as the secondary router.

Is that correct?  is there more?

Thanks again,

Z.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.