For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
LAGreene's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 4:06 PM

MLB Extra Innings - How about it?

It is ridiculous that it isn't offered.  It's by subscription so you'd think there wouldn't be a problem.

Any word on whether or not U-Verse will offer it anytime soon?

Thanks.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

15 years ago

That's the big question, isn't it? It has been discussed on here to great lengths.

To me, I would prefer DirecTV for the sole reason of MLB EI. But it looks like I won't be able to get Direc at my new apartment complex so I have to settle for Uverse.

If Uverse had MLB EI the decision would pretty much be a no brainer.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

15 years ago

@LAGreene wrote:

It is ridiculous that it isn't offered.  It's by subscription so you'd think there wouldn't be a problem.

Any word on whether or not U-Verse will offer it anytime soon?

Thanks.

Finally, a question that has not been asked before!  He took the words right out of my mouth.... I am sure glad someone finally opened a thread on this topic!  :smileywink: 

Scholar

• 

229 Messages

15 years ago

MLB Extra Innings would be great for sure.......how about we just get the MLB network first though before we get the MLB package.....from what i have seen so far of the MLB Network it would be a valuable addition to the U-Verse line-up.......

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

Nothing wrong with MLB Network.  They'll probably add it next year.  But if we knew that U-Verse didn't offer its customers the opportunity to SUBSCRIBE (you know, it costs $$$) to Extra Innings, we would have stayed with Comcast.

Would someone at U-VERSE please tell us when it will be available?  If it isn't next season, we are switching back to Comcast, I hate to say because I can't stand Comcast.  But we'll do it, AT&T.  Just watch.  And any other subscribers who want MLB Extra Innings will leave AT&T as well.

Someone at AT&T please reply?  

Thanks.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

15 years ago

@LAGreene wrote:

Nothing wrong with MLB Network.  They'll probably add it next year.  But if we knew that U-Verse didn't offer its customers the opportunity to SUBSCRIBE (you know, it costs $$$) to Extra Innings, we would have stayed with Comcast.

Would someone at U-VERSE please tell us when it will be available?  If it isn't next season, we are switching back to Comcast, I hate to say because I can't stand Comcast.  But we'll do it, AT&T.  Just watch.  And any other subscribers who want MLB Extra Innings will leave AT&T as well.

Someone at AT&T please reply?  

Thanks.

This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum "LAGreene" so you will not get a response from any AT&T employee on this forum.  If you want to address it with an empoyee you will have to call customer service at 800 288-2020.

On a seperate note, if a service is not meeting your needs, any consumer has the right to make changes to who they choose to subscribe services from.  Threats of changing or cancelling services, on a Peer to Peer website for consumers, is not needed as well as a waist of time.  Rest assured that atleast with AT&T U-Verse, you are not in a term of commitment or contract, thus you are free to make those choices and changes, without penalty or cancellation fees.

Message Edited by KCRoyals on 06-05-2009 10:48 AM

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

First of all "KCRoyals",  AT&T monitors this site.  If you think they don't, you're naive.

Secondly, you're right. If I don't like the service, I can cancel at anytime.  Obviously you are not a baseball fan.  You're entitled to your opinion, but I will continue to speak my mind about U-Verse's decision not to offer either MLB Network or MLB Extra Innings and threaten to take my business elsewhere if they don't offer it in the future.  If enough subscribers agree with me and make it known to AT&T, perhaps they will have a change of heart and bring it to us.

So please spare me the sermon about "Threats of changing or cancelling services, on a Peer to Peer website for consumers...".  If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read this thread.  With all due respect, of course.

Have a great afternoon.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

15 years ago

@LAGreene wrote:

First of all "KCRoyals",  AT&T monitors this site.  If you think they don't, you're naive.

Secondly, you're right. If I don't like the service, I can cancel at anytime.  Obviously you are not a baseball fan.  You're entitled to your opinion, but I will continue to speak my mind about U-Verse's decision not to offer either MLB Network or MLB Extra Innings and threaten to take my business elsewhere if they don't offer it in the future.  If enough subscribers agree with me and make it known to AT&T, perhaps they will have a change of heart and bring it to us.

So please spare me the sermon about "Threats of changing or cancelling services, on a Peer to Peer website for consumers...".  If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read this thread.  With all due respect, of course.

Have a great afternoon.

Unless you work for AT&T, you don't know if they monitor the site at all.  "LAGreene" you can assume they do, but is that factual? No.  Now am I inclinded they may do so occasionaly? Yes, I would say they probably do.  More importantly LAGreene is do they ... 1) RESPOND TO REQUESTS 2) CARE 3) DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT and so on....  There is answer is no!

Before you came on this Peer-to-Peer Forum, for the last 9 months, there have been numberous threads, by numerous existing customers with U-Verse, that have asked the same questions that you have asked, and as of  today in June 5, 2009, we are still waiting for MLB Network & MLB Xtra-Innings. Some of those prior customers, like me are still patiently waiting, some have left for other providers who do provide the services that those customers want.  AT&T's stance to this date is "It is not available."  That being said, because I am patient and choose not to make threats to AT&T, "add it or else you will lose me" doesn't say I am not a baseball fan, especially with my handle, "KCRoyals" which is a Major League Baseball Team.  It means I know huge corporations really do care less about a customer here, or there, they may lose, as long as appeals as the mass cause the key is to have alot of good customers, that pay there bills on time, not to cater to a nagging customer here, and there, who make empty threats to get their way, cause they understand that is a way of life from those select few.  We have all seen the ones in public locations, making a scene, and ultimately just embarasses themself's.  "LAGreene" this may surprise you, but companies knows that as a consumer if they are not providing the services a consumer wants, the consumer may find a new provider than does.  Companies run their business the way they seem fit, and the consumer has one way to voice their feelings, and it is not verbally, it is monetarily, with the almighty dollar. 

That being said, I feel that eventually those services will be available, the MLB Network and X-tra Innings, but it maybe next spring since it is already half way thru the season.  AT&T is still in the acquire mass customers mode, to get the customer base up, rather than tweak the line up by adding a baseball channel or tennis channel niche and so on.  Do I know this? No, but I feel realistically, that is the best case scenario, and at this time, I have decided that I will hang with the service knowing that as of today it is still not available. Everyone is different though, but everyone doesn't need to nag about ,"what they want or what's going to happen,"on a Peer-to-Peer forum.

Your own response shows us your self centered, spoiled attitdude, confirms your statements that others do feel the way your do, but also reinforces mine, cause alot of persons do want those services on this forum, one would of assumed that "LAGreene" would know how to use, the very common service on bullentin board sites in the year 2009, "SEARCH" function. If so, you would of seen the numerous duplicate threads asking for the exact things you are requesting, and you could of added yourself to a greater number of subscribers like yourself.  Also, by then knowing, I am, as a matter of fact a "baseball" fan, and have been asking for these services with alot of other people.  All while being courteous by adding to one of the numerous existing thread, instead you chose to be lazy, and just opening a new thread meaningless thread cause so many people on here have "beat that drum" for months, and why add to a newbie that decides to ask the question that has been asked hundreds of times, and peopl of have grown tired of a new thread re-hashing the same ol, same ol.

If you really wanted to have your voice to be heard you can always call the customer service number, have your feelings be heard, and you will get a response to your demands, from an employee, but that is up to you.

Message Edited by KCRoyals on 06-05-2009 12:44 PM
Message Edited by KCRoyals on 06-05-2009 01:00 PM

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

KCRoyals, I am flattered you would spend so much time replying to me. (I'm blushing)

I wouldn't want to disappoint you about my "spoiled" attitude so I'll say this to you.  You act/sound like a wimp. 

You're also an apologist for AT&T and remind me of our illustrious president on his worldwide Apology Tour !! 

You don't need to remind me -- or anyone else for that matter -- to call customer service with my issue.  As if I haven't already done so.

And I don't give a rip how many times this issue has been raised on this forum.  It should continue to be raised as many times as it takes to get AT&T to bring its customers these channels. 

This Peer-to-Peer Forum is just the place to sound-off.  Man-up !  You may be a baseball fan, but you got no guts.  With all due respect.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

15 years ago

@LAGreene wrote:

KCRoyals, I am flattered you would spend so much time replying to me. (I'm blushing)

I wouldn't want to disappoint you about my "spoiled" attitude so I'll say this to you.  You act/sound like a wimp. 

You're also an apologist for AT&T and remind me of our illustrious president on his worldwide Apology Tour !! 

You don't need to remind me -- or anyone else for that matter -- to call customer service with my issue.  As if I haven't already done so.

And I don't give a rip how many times this issue has been raised on this forum.  It should continue to be raised as many times as it takes to get AT&T to bring its customers these channels. 

This Peer-to-Peer Forum is just the place to sound-off.  Man-up !  You may be a baseball fan, but you got no guts.  With all due respect.

LoL... Very childish "LAGreene," but if anything anyone can take away from you, and this forum, is that we should not and will not expect anything other than immature behavior.  Nonetheless, whatever nonsense you type, facts are facts, and reality teaches most people, the world doesn't revolve around them, including you "LAGreene,"and conform to you.  Fact is, that it isn't the world's fault, but your own fault, due your own arrogant expectations, and whining, for not getting your way, just like a snotty lil 5 year old brat. 

Scholar

• 

229 Messages

15 years ago

Come on guys!!....i feel like i'm back at High School after reading all this stuff.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.