jennhrobinson's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 8th, 2013 2:53 PM

Increase to 0SD/4HD

Currently my profile is set to 1SD/3HD.  How can I tell if I can increase to 0SD/4HD

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello jennhrobinson, another major factor that determines the availability is distance from your home to the VRAD (cabinet that delivers service)

To support a 32/5 profile, maximum distance from the VRAD  is 2200ft. Your current distance is recorded at approximately 2500ft. Although your Max User rates are great on your current profile, a change could lead to services being degraded. I have sent you a private message to discuss some options and further assist you.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You will need to log in to your AT&T router and see what your Max User Rate is.  To log in go to 192.168.1.254 and then click on Broadband.  Scroll down until you see this:

DSL Details

Modem TypeBuilt in modem - VDSL
Connection Type
DSL Line RJ-11
DownUp
User Rate32200 kbs4792 kbs
Max User Rate46571 kbsNot Available
Noise Margin17.0 dBNot Available
Attenuation15.5 dBNot Available
Output Power14.3 dBm                               -9.5 dBm

You can see in mine above its 46571kbs and my user rate is 32200/4792.  I have the 0/4HD profile.

Post back with your Max user rate and we can see if you can get the correct profile for 0/4HD

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the info... This is where I am at:

DSL LineRJ-11
DownUp
User Rate25200 kbs2046 kbs
Max User Rate44288 kbs10341 kbs
Noise Margin14.0 dB24.9 dB
Attenuation21.7 dB18.9 dB
Output Power13.6 dBm8.6 dBm

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yep your well within specs to be changed to the 32/5 profile.  One of the community managers will be along to assist in getting you upgraded.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

A better question to ask is when the heck am I going to be getting 6 or more streams.  I heard a lot of talk about that it was supposed to be coming this summer.  This summer is over - never happened.  In my neighborhood, U-Verse service is no longer competitive with the other providers.  They all offer more than 4 streams now, DirecTV, Dish, Comcast & Wow.  What happened.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@tgoodhue225 wrote:

A better question to ask is when the heck am I going to be getting 6 or more streams.  I heard a lot of talk about that it was supposed to be coming this summer.  This summer is over - never happened.  In my neighborhood, U-Verse service is no longer competitive with the other providers.  They all offer more than 4 streams now, DirecTV, Dish, Comcast & Wow.  What happened.

I've been hearing that too.  Doesn't sound like anytime soon.  Daughter (who lives down the street) was installed this spring and the installer said "late summer" for 7 streams.  Cough. 

Others have seemed to catch up to the once unsurmountable technology edge that UV had.  I think that I have the max rate for the switch to 0SD/4HD but the VRAD distance is over 2500', AFAIK.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

That sucks - get with it U-Verse, you are becoming a dinosaur.

That being said, my line has plenty of capacity left and I'm 1200' from the VRAD.   Where are my 7 streams? Smiley Mad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@SadathCS wrote:

Hello jennhrobinson, another major factor that determines the availability is distance from your home to the VRAD (cabinet that delivers service)

To support a 32/5 profile, maximum distance from the VRAD  is 2200ft. Your current distance is recorded at approximately 2500ft. Although your Max User rates are great on your current profile, a change could lead to services being degraded. I have sent you a private message to discuss some options and further assist you.

@how do my stats look in terms of getting 0SD / 4 HD?  I'm still @ 1SD/3HD.

Down Up

Modem TypeBuilt in modem - VDSL
Connection Type 

DSL LineRJ-11

User Rate32328 kbs5040 kbs
Max User Rate46318 kbsNot Available
Noise Margin12.8 dBNot Available
Attenuation16.8 dBNot Available
Output Power14.3 dBm-7.4 dBm

ProtocolG.993.2_8d 
ChannelInterleaved 
DSLAM Vendor InformationCountry {65461} Vendor {CXSY} Specific {12291 }
Rate Cap32344 kbs 
@Attenuation @ 300kHz8.6 dB 
Uncanceled Echo0.0 dBOk
VCXO Frequency Offset0.0 ppmOk
Final Receive Gain-1.0 dBOk
Excessive Impulse Noise0Ok

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

You are already on the 32/5 line profile.  Your WAN Profile is 1 SD/3 HD not 0 SD/ 4 HD?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

You are already on the 32/5 line profile.  Your WAN Profile is 1 SD/3 HD not 0 SD/ 4 HD?

My WAN is 0 SD/4 HD but my Ingress is 1 SD / 3 HD, isn't the Ingress the one that is to have changed?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.