For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
snopea123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 16th, 2013 11:27 AM

I have 1 TV that has no picture at all. Just snow

I have 4 TV's in my home. In one of my back bedrooms the TV has no picture. Not even a blue screen just coming up "snow". I have tried reseting the unit with no luck, Everything is plugged in properly. Very confused as it only effects 1 TV.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

How is the TV connected to the receiver?  HDMI?  Trace the cable from the receiver to the TV.  Find out what input it's on and change the TV to that input and it will work.  Sounds like your TV input somehow got changed.

It has worked before, correct?  Just quit working?

Here is an esupport article that shows how to connect your TV with pictures and all: http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/att_uverse_setup.pdf

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It was working fine with no problems until this morning. I was watching some shows on that same TV last night.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

snopea123 - BB & MT give good advice. The symptoms you describe can only be caused by a mis-setting on the TV or a failure of the TV, the connecting cable/connection or the STB (because the STB always outputs something).

Another good technique is to swap components. After trying to find the right input, swap the connecting cable with another, then the STB, Then the TV.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you so, so much! This worked after I had tried a couple of other solutions suggested on this forum. I now have my TV back! Have a blessed, productive day!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem.  1 tv in my house is nothing but snow.  No sound, and the remote won't do anything.  I was watching this tv last night and now when I turned it on, nothing but snow. You said, thanks it worked and now your tv is back.  Mind if I ask what it was that worked?  I've checked all the connections and they all seem to be ok and  we've had no storms. Any help would be appreciated

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

The ONLY way to clear my problem (while watching TV, my screen suddenly goes to snow) is to power reset the AT&T receiver.  This problem happens about once a week. I now have a new TV and a different HDMI cable and it is still happening.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

ruhrow - The HDMI interface is failing. Not a physical failure. A software failure. Switch to component cables - http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Component-Video-Cable-Audio/dp/B001ID829O/ref=pd_rhf_dp_shvl1

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What would be the fix for the software failure? Isn't the software failure in the receiver since I had the same problem with my prior TV? This problem just arose in the last month or so after 1 year of reliable service. I ask because I have no component cables. Thanks

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

ruhrow - Perhaps incompatibility is a better word. Something does not mesh between the two causing loss of service. HDMI is very flaky. Your logic is valid for most case, but not HDMI.

There was a recent poster that solved their HDMI problem with a shorter cable. Can you try that?

You do not have a component cable or you do not have component jacks on the TV?? If no jacks, you could try a converter component to HDMI.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

aviewer: I have noticed that HDMI on the DVR box, itself can be an issue.  I have one more HD set, with HDMI and it, on a non-DVR box, is fine.  Once or twice a week, the picture on the DVR set will go black and the TV's signal status will pop up, with the resolution flashing.  Power cycling the TV, usually fixes it.  Once in a while, I will get a long winded U-Verse HDCP error box with like 7 possible issues.  Power cycling the TV or the DVR will fix.  Sounds like a firmware issue with the DVR's.

You know what the rub is?  This error always happens at a key point in a show, movie or game!  Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.