rtphokie's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Monday, March 30th, 2015 12:25 AM

How long do premium services like HBO take to show up?

I ordered HBO online but it has yet to show up on my receiver, shouldn't this be nearly instant?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

It depends on when it was ordered.  Sometimes there may be a delay when ordered online on a Sunday.

When did you order it? Did you try rebooting the receiver?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@rtphokie wrote:

I ordered HBO online but it has yet to show up on my receiver, shouldn't this be nearly instant?

Did it ask you about having a credit card on your account or using autopay when placing the order?

Know when I upgraded to u300 on a Sunday online, it mentioned I'd need a CC and autopay, but already autopay to my CC, so the order immediately went thru and u300 channels were on my DVR 3 minutes later.

Did you get an email like I did thanking me for the order and saying it's complete?  If not, one of those 2 conditions may not be met and will need to possibly do both b4 you get HBO. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I got that same notice about autopay being required.  Since I've had autopay in place for months, I ignored it.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Try calling them and they should be able to add it instantly.  I had the same problem when I signed up for epix.  The online did not go through so I called them and they had it added before I hung up the phone.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

If not in 1-2 hours, reset all equipment. (Make sure you're not recording anything when unplugging RG or DVR or you'll bork the recording.)

If still no services, call back. If they need to send a tech, call back once you finally get the service and ask for a credit as it could be 1-2 days for the tech to come out...but the tech is an absolute last resort. 99% of "I can't see these new channels" can be solved via reset or phone call.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Resetting equipment did not work (nor should it).  I had to call and a very knowledgable person in technical support who found the order stuck somewhere and pushed it through.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.