Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 2, 2013
7:08:45 AM
View profile
How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 2, 2013 10:36:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

When I need to change mine I press the "TV" button one time then press the "TV/Video" button to bring up my TV's video selection menu.  I can then scroll up and down using the arrow up and down keys above and below the "OK" button.  When I find the input I want I press the "OK" button.  Just remember if you want your regular remote functions to resume press the "AT&T" button on the top left one time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 2, 2013 10:36:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

When I need to change mine I press the "TV" button one time then press the "TV/Video" button to bring up my TV's video selection menu.  I can then scroll up and down using the arrow up and down keys above and below the "OK" button.  When I find the input I want I press the "OK" button.  Just remember if you want your regular remote functions to resume press the "AT&T" button on the top left one time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I change between HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 on my ATT remote?

2 of 22 (22,727 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 5:05:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

That was it! Thank you so much.

I had to call tech support and they had me change it through my TV remote.

Really??? I'm a new- Verse customer from DTV and I knew you had to be able to use AT&T remote. Even 411 videos pass by this. Thanks again.

That was it! Thank you so much.

I had to call tech support and they had me change it through my TV remote.

Really??? I'm a new- Verse customer from DTV and I knew you had to be able to use AT&T remote. Even 411 videos pass by this. Thanks again.

3 of 22 (22,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 5:17:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Your welcome!!  If you have any more questions or operational issues feel free to stop back by and someone here will always be able to help.

Your welcome!!  If you have any more questions or operational issues feel free to stop back by and someone here will always be able to help.

4 of 22 (22,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 2:59:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have remote model# s10-s3. Used your solution and when try to change input using the arrows, all I get is channel change NOT input change. Solution?

Thanx

I have remote model# s10-s3. Used your solution and when try to change input using the arrows, all I get is channel change NOT input change. Solution?

Thanx

5 of 22 (21,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 3:26:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Dsatlof - If the menu navigation arrows change the channel, what does the chan up down do? Some TVs use the buttons around the OK for chan & volume instead of menu navigation.

You can try all the buttons to see what each does. Some TVs accept multiple inputs of the TV/video button to move the cursor on the selection menu.

If you post your TV model, I will look up your remote.

For more flexibility get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

If you go for a Logitech Harmony, you may be able to assign HDMI1 a button and HDMI2 another button. I did that for fastest transfer.
Dsatlof - If the menu navigation arrows change the channel, what does the chan up down do? Some TVs use the buttons around the OK for chan & volume instead of menu navigation.

You can try all the buttons to see what each does. Some TVs accept multiple inputs of the TV/video button to move the cursor on the selection menu.

If you post your TV model, I will look up your remote.

For more flexibility get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

If you go for a Logitech Harmony, you may be able to assign HDMI1 a button and HDMI2 another button. I did that for fastest transfer.

6 of 22 (21,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 9:14:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

7 of 22 (21,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 9:15:33 AM
(0)
Teacher

How do you change it through the remote?

How do you change it through the remote?

8 of 22 (21,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 9:49:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kymillie - RE: Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

Specifically - what did you try. What instructions did you follow.

To control the TV with the u-verse remote - press the TV button. Then try all the buttons on the remote to see hat they do.

If you cannot find a button that produces the inout selection menu or directly changes it. keep looking for another program code that may include it. There is no guarantee that you will be able to include every function.

If you cannot get it to work for you get the remote recommended in message 6.
kymillie - RE: Did not do a thing when I tried this. Followed instructions exactly. What to do?

Specifically - what did you try. What instructions did you follow.

To control the TV with the u-verse remote - press the TV button. Then try all the buttons on the remote to see hat they do.

If you cannot find a button that produces the inout selection menu or directly changes it. keep looking for another program code that may include it. There is no guarantee that you will be able to include every function.

If you cannot get it to work for you get the remote recommended in message 6.

9 of 22 (21,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 10:01:50 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 6, 2014 at 10:38:35 AM

Followed directions in remote manual, did not work. Pushed TV and then TV/Video, nope. Held down TB/Video and Enter at same time. etc., etc., etc.... I have tried every button on the thing. Should I do it on the TV itself? Before we got ATT-Uverse, I was able to change HDMI settings easily to access DVD player, laptop, etc., but no more. Now trying to connect iPad to it but cannot change HDMI setting. Sigh....

[removed unnecessary link]

Followed directions in remote manual, did not work. Pushed TV and then TV/Video, nope. Held down TB/Video and Enter at same time. etc., etc., etc.... I have tried every button on the thing. Should I do it on the TV itself? Before we got ATT-Uverse, I was able to change HDMI settings easily to access DVD player, laptop, etc., but no more. Now trying to connect iPad to it but cannot change HDMI setting. Sigh....

[removed unnecessary link]

[ Edited ]
10 of 22 (21,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 2:20:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kymillie - Are you saying you have not been able to program the remote for your TV? What is TV make/model?
kymillie - Are you saying you have not been able to program the remote for your TV? What is TV make/model?

11 of 22 (21,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 4:10:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
no, I am saying that I cannot get my iPad to communicate through an HDMI cable with our Sony LCD TV. I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2. This is to primarily use it to stream Netflix... the iPad is recognized in other ways just not connected with the HDMI cable. We are on Wifi.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
no, I am saying that I cannot get my iPad to communicate through an HDMI cable with our Sony LCD TV. I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2. This is to primarily use it to stream Netflix... the iPad is recognized in other ways just not connected with the HDMI cable. We are on Wifi.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

12 of 22 (21,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 5:56:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kymillie - I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2.

If you have U-verse STB connected on TV input HDMI 1 and The IPad wired from its special connector (version 1 or 2) to HDMI2, you will watch one or the other by selecting the correct input with the remote.

The ipad connection to the STB via w-fi is for controlling the STB and `u-verse TV apps such as live watching on the ipad. It does not connect to the TV.

If you wire the ipad to the TV as described above and play u-verse live on the ipad, you will be blocked because it is not allowed.

You can watch netflix tuned by the ipad app delivered to the TV on wired HDMI cable as described above.
kymillie - I thought the HDMI needed to be changed from 1 to 2.

If you have U-verse STB connected on TV input HDMI 1 and The IPad wired from its special connector (version 1 or 2) to HDMI2, you will watch one or the other by selecting the correct input with the remote.

The ipad connection to the STB via w-fi is for controlling the STB and `u-verse TV apps such as live watching on the ipad. It does not connect to the TV.

If you wire the ipad to the TV as described above and play u-verse live on the ipad, you will be blocked because it is not allowed.

You can watch netflix tuned by the ipad app delivered to the TV on wired HDMI cable as described above.

13 of 22 (21,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:10:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
That is my problem. The iPad is wired to the TV correctly via adapter but I cannot figure out how to change the Input with the remote. Have followed the remote's directions but nothing happens.

✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*
Millie, from my iPad
✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*
That is my problem. The iPad is wired to the TV correctly via adapter but I cannot figure out how to change the Input with the remote. Have followed the remote's directions but nothing happens.

✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*
Millie, from my iPad
✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*

14 of 22 (21,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:26:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kymillie - If you post your TV make/ model, I will look up the manual & say how to do it with the TV remote.
kymillie - If you post your TV make/ model, I will look up the manual & say how to do it with the TV remote.

15 of 22 (21,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:37:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 6, 2014 at 8:02:25 PM

The remote works fine with the TV, which is a Sony Bravia LCD Digital color TV, it just does not let me change input. The remote was set up by the U-verse installer guy last year and with U-verse apps, the iPad will communicate (I can use the guide, change channels, show my photos, etc. from the ipad) under Wifi, but using the HDMI cable, I cannot change the input to watch Netflix on the TV. Perhaps my HDMI cable is faulty. But even if that was so, I should be able to change the input with the remote since it works fine otherwise. Sigh....

[Edited to comply with Guidelines removed link to Avast]

The remote works fine with the TV, which is a Sony Bravia LCD Digital color TV, it just does not let me change input. The remote was set up by the U-verse installer guy last year and with U-verse apps, the iPad will communicate (I can use the guide, change channels, show my photos, etc. from the ipad) under Wifi, but using the HDMI cable, I cannot change the input to watch Netflix on the TV. Perhaps my HDMI cable is faulty. But even if that was so, I should be able to change the input with the remote since it works fine otherwise. Sigh....

[ Edited ]
16 of 22 (21,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:57:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
kymillie - I think your last post does not say whether or not you can change the input with the TV remote. If there is physical problem with the cable, you would at least see a graphic on the screen.

Another thing you can do is unplug the u-verse feed from HDMI1 and plug in the ipad in HDMI1 to see if it works. If it works it is not the cable. You can plug u-verse into #2 & select it with the tV remote. If it does not work, it would be a bad input on the TV.

IF everything else works except the u-verse remote will not allow you to change HDMI inputs on the TV, you need to try all the other codes to see if there is one that works. The installer stopped when he found a code that supports the basic functions. You need to keep going to see if there is a more robust code.

I believe, you never mention the TV remote. You do have it? IT would be a lot easier to verify that everything else works if you use the TV remote. Then it is a matter of finding the right code for the u-verse remote.

If you cannot find a code that includes changing HDMI input get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
kymillie - I think your last post does not say whether or not you can change the input with the TV remote. If there is physical problem with the cable, you would at least see a graphic on the screen.

Another thing you can do is unplug the u-verse feed from HDMI1 and plug in the ipad in HDMI1 to see if it works. If it works it is not the cable. You can plug u-verse into #2 & select it with the tV remote. If it does not work, it would be a bad input on the TV.

IF everything else works except the u-verse remote will not allow you to change HDMI inputs on the TV, you need to try all the other codes to see if there is one that works. The installer stopped when he found a code that supports the basic functions. You need to keep going to see if there is a more robust code.

I believe, you never mention the TV remote. You do have it? IT would be a lot easier to verify that everything else works if you use the TV remote. Then it is a matter of finding the right code for the u-verse remote.

If you cannot find a code that includes changing HDMI input get this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

17 of 22 (21,306 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 7:13:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 6, 2014 at 8:03:10 PM

Ok. Thanks. I am almost afraid to try that but might try a different code., but will probably end up just watching Netflix on the iPad. I am on the one month free trial thing since in the summer, not much to watch (even with hundreds of stations), at least the shows that I like. And I was curious about House of Cards. :-)

Ok. Thanks. I am almost afraid to try that but might try a different code., but will probably end up just watching Netflix on the iPad. I am on the one month free trial thing since in the summer, not much to watch (even with hundreds of stations), at least the shows that I like. And I was curious about House of Cards. :-)

[ Edited ]
18 of 22 (21,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 12:17:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
Just had my AT&T u-verse installed today. Remote and tv work great. Just can't figure out how to change input to hdmi 2, DVD, or game system. Tried pushing tv button and then tv/video to no avail. Anyone know what I can do??
Just had my AT&T u-verse installed today. Remote and tv work great. Just can't figure out how to change input to hdmi 2, DVD, or game system. Tried pushing tv button and then tv/video to no avail. Anyone know what I can do??

19 of 22 (20,622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 12:20:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
I finally gave up and just change the input using the buttons on the TV itself. I THINK when the tech set up our remote to function with our brand TV, he used the first compatible number that worked and did not try others that would have more functions. That is just a guess, but now I am used to that method of changing the input.... Millie

---
I finally gave up and just change the input using the buttons on the TV itself. I THINK when the tech set up our remote to function with our brand TV, he used the first compatible number that worked and did not try others that would have more functions. That is just a guess, but now I am used to that method of changing the input.... Millie

---

20 of 22 (20,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 12:57:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
Well I let me 10 yr old give it a shot and she figured it out. Go to menu--help--remote settings and do manual input code until you find the right one. It was very easy and we got it going in under 5 minutes Millie
Well I let me 10 yr old give it a shot and she figured it out. Go to menu--help--remote settings and do manual input code until you find the right one. It was very easy and we got it going in under 5 minutes Millie

21 of 22 (20,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 12:59:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
View profile

Yes, using the u-verse remote - push TV then the first choice is the tv/video button, second choice the menu button. Just try all the buttons to see what they do.

As kymillie suggests another program code may be more robust.

Worst case is use the TV remote. That is what I do on one of my TVs. I use a Logitech Harmony for the other one.

View profile

Yes, using the u-verse remote - push TV then the first choice is the tv/video button, second choice the menu button. Just try all the buttons to see what they do.

As kymillie suggests another program code may be more robust.

Worst case is use the TV remote. That is what I do on one of my TVs. I use a Logitech Harmony for the other one.

22 of 22 (20,610 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments