Donnamiles's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 31st, 2015 8:39 PM

Hallmark movie mystery channel

I have been a long time customer with ATT . I was very disappointed to find that you did not have the Hallmark channel . So when you guys made the announcement that you would be airing it the excitement grew in me like a little kid! But to my disappointe we did not get the HMM channel! Why?? Because you want us to upgrade to a higher package! We get the Lifetime channel and the Lifetime movie channel. So why in the world would you split the Hallmark Channels up ? I'm very disappointed in the fact that you would make us upgrade our package just to get a channel that should be made available to the customer already . Could you please explain to me why this was done this way? When we are all watching our money and some of us consider cable a privilege to have. It makes me upset that a company would do this. Your not thinking of the customer!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

It's the deal that was negotiated with Hallmark.  Reasons are unknown.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Really, what would Hallmark have to profit from you over charging your customers for one channel? Need a better answer. I think it would have been better just to leave it off. Bad reflection on AT&T.

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

I was very disappointed with the HMM Channel.   Hallmark is famous for its family friendly movies, and HMM just shows an endless stream of monotonous whodunits.I blocked it out. Believe me, you aren't missing a thing.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

This thread is unbelievable. For almost five years, we heard how wholesome the Hallmark channels were for family viewing. As My Thoughts said, we also heard from a lot of posters that they were willing to pay extra to get the Hallmark channels.

Now that the two channels are back, we are hearing that some posters are comparing the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel to late night Cinemax while others are upset that they have to go to a higher U-verse level and pay extra to get that channel.

Almost five years of complaining, and they still complain.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

This thread is unbelievable. For almost five years, we heard how wholesome the Hallmark channels were for family viewing. As My Thoughts said, we also heard from a lot of posters that they were willing to pay extra to get the Hallmark channels.

Now that the two channels are back, we are hearing that some posters are comparing the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel to late night Cinemax while others are upset that they have to go to a higher U-verse level and pay extra to get that channel.

Well said. People would complain if it was available to every customer AND the total bill went down $10/mo for all customers without them asking for a reduction.

Comparing HMM to Skinemax? That's a new one!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

Well said. People would complain if it was available to every customer AND the total bill went down $10/mo for all customers without them asking for a reduction.

Comparing HMM to Skinemax? That's a new one!

I kind of exaggerated on the comparison of HMM to late night Cinemax. What mitchflorida actually said was, "

View profile
Jul 31, 2015 11:12:29 PM

Scholar

I was very disappointed with the HMM Channel.   Hallmark is famous for its family friendly movies, and HMM just shows an endless stream of monotonous whodunits.I blocked it out. Believe me, you aren't missing a thing."

Still, I do not see any reason to block out the channel, but everyone has their own reasons.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

What is it that my Momma says?  Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope!

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

9 years ago

[Removed quote to reflect deleted message]

How can you contact a mod to remove this kind of hateful post.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

[Removed quote to reflect deleted message]

Already done.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Regarding the HMM issue. I have been on both of these channels and on the HMM channel, I have seen the old episodes of so many episodes that are played on the METV network, which I already watch. I went through 2 weeks of programing looking for shows, but I already watch the ones that are of interest to me available through HMM on the other channel. WHAT is so NEW about this??? HMM is not living up to it's "movies & mysteries" title. Look and compare lineups between HMM and MEtv.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.