Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 1, 2014
2:02:51 PM
Getting 'no signal'
I'm trying to hook up my u verse box to my Vizio. I have no yellow port on the tv for the video component cable. I don't have HD service there fore no HDMI cable. Any ideas? Need all the help I can get.
I'm trying to hook up my u verse box to my Vizio. I have no yellow port on the tv for the video component cable. I don't have HD service there fore no HDMI cable. Any ideas? Need all the help I can get.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 1, 2014 4:14:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tktrick1 - kind of wierd looking for the manual. I did find one that has inputs as you describe &n it does show a dual use jack as I suggested. The bottom row of jacks for component reuses the first jack on the left for composite. It is clearly labeled as such.

Look at connecting your device here - http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E320A1/UM_E320A1.pdf
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Getting 'no signal'

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 1, 2014 3:18:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Mar 1, 2014 at 3:21:26 PM

tktrick1 - Vizio is a flat panel HD set?? Yes?? Therefore, connect it HDMI or component. This will allow best picture, zoom control and available for free HD preview. Get your HDMI cable at monoprice.com.

Post your model number so I can look at the manual. You can temporarily connect COAX - Tune to analog channel 3. Or, x-video. One of the three component jacks may serve dual purpose as a composite jack.

Be sure to set the TV to the correct input. If you use the COAX nake sure it is connected to the output connection on the STB and you may have to run the channel scan  on the TV.

tktrick1 - Vizio is a flat panel HD set?? Yes?? Therefore, connect it HDMI or component. This will allow best picture, zoom control and available for free HD preview. Get your HDMI cable at monoprice.com.

Post your model number so I can look at the manual. You can temporarily connect COAX - Tune to analog channel 3. Or, x-video. One of the three component jacks may serve dual purpose as a composite jack.

Be sure to set the TV to the correct input. If you use the COAX nake sure it is connected to the output connection on the STB and you may have to run the channel scan  on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Getting 'no signal'

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (1,196 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 3:48:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
Model # M4205V. I have coax connected...no signal. I have a red, white, & yellow jack cable but the is no yellow port on TV. Appreciate your help!
Model # M4205V. I have coax connected...no signal. I have a red, white, & yellow jack cable but the is no yellow port on TV. Appreciate your help!

3 of 5 (1,190 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 1, 2014 4:14:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tktrick1 - kind of wierd looking for the manual. I did find one that has inputs as you describe &n it does show a dual use jack as I suggested. The bottom row of jacks for component reuses the first jack on the left for composite. It is clearly labeled as such.

Look at connecting your device here - http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E320A1/UM_E320A1.pdf

4 of 5 (1,183 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 5:01:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Bought a HDMI cable. It works now. Thanks again for your help!
Bought a HDMI cable. It works now. Thanks again for your help!

5 of 5 (1,176 Views)