Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 6, 2013
12:00:26 PM
View profile
Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Just ordered a new wireless receiver for the bedroom. Installed it and now getting the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". Service was suppose to be enabled on Monday the 4th, but I recieved the hardware early and turned it on. I've since rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. Any thoughts on how I might get this to work?

Regards,

Rick

Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

60 replies
(22) Me too
(22) Me too
View all replies
(60)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 12:37:16 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi rickmitt,

I am glad they were able to deliver your box ahead of time. With our system, it does not allow for it to plug in early, but it is definitely something we can fix. I have corrected it on our end, and you should be able to reboot your receiver, and when the Service Connection Error Screen comes up, just press 'OK' on the receiver to Try Again.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi rickmitt,

I am glad they were able to deliver your box ahead of time. With our system, it does not allow for it to plug in early, but it is definitely something we can fix. I have corrected it on our end, and you should be able to reboot your receiver, and when the Service Connection Error Screen comes up, just press 'OK' on the receiver to Try Again.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

2 of 61 (12,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 12:38:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

Awesome. Thank you. I will try that tonight and let you know.

Best Regards

Rick

Awesome. Thank you. I will try that tonight and let you know.

Best Regards

Rick

Re: Getting Error message ""This set top box does not match the account settings"

3 of 61 (12,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 3:54:00 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi rickmitt,

I see that the new Set Top Box appears to be active now. I am glad everything is up and running. Let us know if you are having any other issues, and I will be glad to help.

-David T

Hi rickmitt,

I see that the new Set Top Box appears to be active now. I am glad everything is up and running. Let us know if you are having any other issues, and I will be glad to help.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 61 (12,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 12:30:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I got a new ISB7005 wireless receiver for the bedroom and paired it with my Wireless Access Point. After a long while, I get the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". I rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. How do I get this to work?

I got a new ISB7005 wireless receiver for the bedroom and paired it with my Wireless Access Point. After a long while, I get the following error "This set top box does not match the account settings". I rebooted and unplugged and tried everything to no avail. How do I get this to work?

"This set top box does not match the account settings"

5 of 61 (12,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 2:23:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi asayson,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I will be sending you a private message to gather your account information, so I can get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

Hi asayson,

I apologize for the inconveniences. I will be sending you a private message to gather your account information, so I can get this issue resolved for you.

-David T

Re: "This set top box does not match the account settings"

6 of 61 (12,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 8:00:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi we recieved a new wireless box and 12/29/2013 at 7pm is our activation date and time we did not install the box until after 8 and have tried several times of unplugging, but it still shows up on the screen as this set top box does not match account settings. How can I fix this problem?

Hi we recieved a new wireless box and 12/29/2013 at 7pm is our activation date and time we did not install the box until after 8 and have tried several times of unplugging, but it still shows up on the screen as this set top box does not match account settings. How can I fix this problem?

7 of 61 (12,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 9:59:18 PM
(0)
Employee
your wireless receiver is misconfigured (dirty) and need to be scrubbed clean.

A tech (service visit) or tier 2 rep (phone or chat) can do this. The receiver needs to be unplugged, on the bottom of receiver is a GUI (long number) that will be needed to identify receiver, when instructed plug just the receiver in that gave number for, when that one is connected.

Your choice 4 hour appointment window, or time on phone , or chat.

If these have not been activated yet.... When screen comes up, depress OK on receiver, depress button on WAP, when the screen at receiver says try again, Depress OK button (remote or on stb) another screen for update, depress OK give about 10 minutes to load, reboot when checking depress menu to verify recordings, if no recordings menu not finished booting.

Set aspect ratio MENU, OPTIONS, etc.

should take about 20 minutes per receiver.
your wireless receiver is misconfigured (dirty) and need to be scrubbed clean.

A tech (service visit) or tier 2 rep (phone or chat) can do this. The receiver needs to be unplugged, on the bottom of receiver is a GUI (long number) that will be needed to identify receiver, when instructed plug just the receiver in that gave number for, when that one is connected.

Your choice 4 hour appointment window, or time on phone , or chat.

If these have not been activated yet.... When screen comes up, depress OK on receiver, depress button on WAP, when the screen at receiver says try again, Depress OK button (remote or on stb) another screen for update, depress OK give about 10 minutes to load, reboot when checking depress menu to verify recordings, if no recordings menu not finished booting.

Set aspect ratio MENU, OPTIONS, etc.

should take about 20 minutes per receiver.

8 of 61 (12,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 7:37:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have same issue. Message won't go away. I did wait until after activation time. I have unplugged, pushed button to no avail. .?
I have same issue. Message won't go away. I did wait until after activation time. I have unplugged, pushed button to no avail. .?

9 of 61 (11,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 8:03:57 PM
(0)
Employee
See message above yours, once misconfigured nothing to do, but call, chat or pm to be scrubbed for next attempt.

Once dirty , not assigned, needs intervention.
See message above yours, once misconfigured nothing to do, but call, chat or pm to be scrubbed for next attempt.

Once dirty , not assigned, needs intervention.

10 of 61 (11,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:24:57 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi cfedwkr,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your set top box. I will have my team send you a private message, so we can assist you with this issue further.

-David T

Hi cfedwkr,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your set top box. I will have my team send you a private message, so we can assist you with this issue further.

-David T

11 of 61 (11,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 1:03:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am getting the same error message, "This set top box does not match the account settings".  Activation date was 02/04/2014 7pm.  I installed the box today, 02/05/2014.  Please assist.

thanks,

Mike

I am getting the same error message, "This set top box does not match the account settings".  Activation date was 02/04/2014 7pm.  I installed the box today, 02/05/2014.  Please assist.

thanks,

Mike

12 of 61 (11,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 1:04:50 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Mike, 

I am sorry for the troubles you are having. I will have my team send you a message to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Hi Mike, 

I am sorry for the troubles you are having. I will have my team send you a message to get this issue resolved.

-David T

13 of 61 (11,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 7:08:40 PM
(0)
Contributor
I did the same thing and having the same problem. Can you fix my box?
I did the same thing and having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

14 of 61 (11,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 2:01:57 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi @pcoffey3581 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Disclaimer: If you are receiving this via email, please do not respond to the email, as we will not be able to see the response. Please reply to the Private Message directly from here at the forums.att.com website.

Hi @pcoffey3581 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Disclaimer: If you are receiving this via email, please do not respond to the email, as we will not be able to see the response. Please reply to the Private Message directly from here at the forums.att.com website.

15 of 61 (11,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 8:42:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I did the same thing and also having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

I did the same thing and also having the same problem. Can you fix my box?

16 of 61 (11,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 7:27:55 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi @tswilbert1 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Hi @tswilbert1 

I'll be glad to help you with this. I'll be sending you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

17 of 61 (11,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 6:23:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

We have the same issue with our wireless receiver.  Please help me get it back online.

Thanks!

Nortontex

We have the same issue with our wireless receiver.  Please help me get it back online.

Thanks!

Nortontex

18 of 61 (10,947 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2014 9:01:17 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @nortontex,

I would be glad to assist you with this issue. I will have my team send you a Private Message to help resolve this issue.

-David T

Hi @nortontex,

I would be glad to assist you with this issue. I will have my team send you a Private Message to help resolve this issue.

-David T

19 of 61 (10,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 12:36:10 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have same problem with set box does not match account setting
I have same problem with set box does not match account setting

20 of 61 (10,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 12:41:30 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi @Canman187 

Yours should be good to go now! Could you unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in? It's going to ask you run an update, select "Update Now" and it will go through the standard reboot screens and Live TV will be up & running! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Hi @Canman187 

Yours should be good to go now! Could you unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in? It's going to ask you run an update, select "Update Now" and it will go through the standard reboot screens and Live TV will be up & running! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

21 of 61 (10,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2014 1:12:21 PM
(0)
Contributor
Sir, I too received two wireless boxes and attempted to set one of them up early. That one does not work with the same error msg as the original post that set top box does not match account settings. The 2nd wireless box ( which I installed later) works like a champ. Please adjust if possible as you did for original post
Sir, I too received two wireless boxes and attempted to set one of them up early. That one does not work with the same error msg as the original post that set top box does not match account settings. The 2nd wireless box ( which I installed later) works like a champ. Please adjust if possible as you did for original post

22 of 61 (10,452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2014 2:13:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Mmckeeh,

We apologize for the inconveniences, but I will be happy to assist in getting that fixed for you. I will send you a private message, so we can gather account information and get this fixed.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @Mmckeeh,

We apologize for the inconveniences, but I will be happy to assist in getting that fixed for you. I will send you a private message, so we can gather account information and get this fixed.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

23 of 61 (10,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2014 10:51:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
Please help me. I too am having the same issues with my wireless receivers "account unavailable" "this set top box does not match the account settings" customer service can't help when I actually get them to answer.

Thank you kindly. Will.
Please help me. I too am having the same issues with my wireless receivers "account unavailable" "this set top box does not match the account settings" customer service can't help when I actually get them to answer.

Thank you kindly. Will.

24 of 61 (9,868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2014 3:37:31 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @daviswilliam 

Sorry to hear that your also experiencing this issue but, I was able to locate your U-verse account and remove the Error code and set the activation order to today. All you need to do now is unplug/replug the box and it'll run through the update process and you'll be good to go! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hi @daviswilliam 

Sorry to hear that your also experiencing this issue but, I was able to locate your U-verse account and remove the Error code and set the activation order to today. All you need to do now is unplug/replug the box and it'll run through the update process and you'll be good to go! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

25 of 61 (9,850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2014 9:16:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have same problem with the error "This set box does not match the account settings." Can you help?

I have same problem with the error "This set box does not match the account settings." Can you help?

26 of 61 (9,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 5:41:10 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello ajayajay,

I can help you take care of that, please send me your account number to make any necessary corrections on our systems and have you try activating the receiver again.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Hello ajayajay,

I can help you take care of that, please send me your account number to make any necessary corrections on our systems and have you try activating the receiver again.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

27 of 61 (9,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 6:49:58 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ATTU-verseCare on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:18:33 AM

Hi,

My account number is: *** (removed for your security)

Thank you.

Hi,

My account number is: *** (removed for your security)

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
28 of 61 (9,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 7:19:55 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you ajayajay! Please check your private messages for an update.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Thank you ajayajay! Please check your private messages for an update.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

29 of 61 (9,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 7:29:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Where do I find the "private message"? In my inbox it says "you have no private messages."

Where do I find the "private message"? In my inbox it says "you have no private messages."

30 of 61 (9,355 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments