deewaugh's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 12:14 AM

Customize Channel Listings

I spent quite a bit of time setting up my favorite channels list, but can't find a way to make the "guide" button on the remote default to that list.  Using the "menu" to get to this list requires quite a few steps, and does not hold.  Is there any quick way to get to my list?

Thanks for any help you can provide,   ...   Dee

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

No, the designers forgot that the point of having a favorites list is to use it. That it should be the same or faster than the full guide.

If you really, really want one get a Logitech Harmony smart control and build the steps under the guide button.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Default-to-Favorites-when-pressing-Guide-button/m-p/4030816#M112598

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

You can to add your favorites to "my multi view". Then you get a bunch of PIP of the favorites, use the down arrow to move through the favs.

Or....

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

To scroll through favorites in guide view. You have to select menu and then favorites. This will not keep you in favorites after you select a channel. The next time you push 'guide' you are back to the full guide.
You can access with interactive button, then multiview also.

Dumb.

There must be a way to program a favorites button (like on my Cox remote)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Massively flawed....

But I can work with it..

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I went to Menu | Options | Channel Options | Hide channels 

and hid all of the annoying garbage.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hiding channels is the fastest and most effective way to access only the channels you want to see.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you aviewer. I cannot accept this as a solution, because, in reality, there is no solution at this time. I did appreciate the link you provided showing that customers have been asking about this for over a year now and no fix seems to have been forthcoming from ATT. Maybe their association with DirecTV will help resolve this down the road. I won't put more money into this TV service but will, instead, investigate what other options are available in my area. It might just be time to end "cable" TV period. Thanks again. Your response is greatly appreciated.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.