For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
DisneyDeb's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, August 1st, 2014 8:50 PM

Channel Surfing and Delay

Don't know what is happening here.  Worked fine until a couple days ago.  Rebooted TV and Main, still a delay.

When switching channels it is black between channels whereas you used to be able to see the picture.  Also, if you switch to a different channel, there is a delay before picture comes on screen.

Ran the tests and says nothing is wrong with my service . . odd!  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Unplug both the RG (modem) and DVR.  Then after 30 seconds, plug in the RG.

When the lites are green, plug in the DVR and see if channel change is instant.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

DisneyDeb _ Cannot recite the techinical description of how it works, but the process of changing channels has an immediate instant delivery of the new signal that does not include the trick play of the live signal. When you settle on the channel , the signal upgrades to one with more robust capability.

The reason for this is to provide rapid channel change and trick play of live programming.

Sounds like you are not doing the first step. YOu are having to wait for the second step to see a picture.

Is this on the DVR or another STB? If it is not on the DVR, it could be a loose COAX connection in your wiring. If rebooting all your boxes does not do it & you cannot find a bad connection, call in for a replacement STB.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.