timtex's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 8:58 PM

Closed

Change VIP1200 from wired to wireless

We just moved into a brand new house, which has wired ethernet ports.  Unfortunately, the one in the study is right where I want to put the couch, and the TV needs to go on the other side of the room.  When the Uverse guy was here, I asked him about switching a receiver from wired to wireless in the future, and he said I could, but "You would have to figure out how to do it."  Well, that's what I'm trying to do without calling the guy back out here or calling his cell phone.  I moved the TV/receiver temporarily as close as I could to the RG setup, but it still won't work.  Is there something I need to do to the router configuration in order to make this TV wireless?  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

The Motorola VIP1200 is not a wireless receiver.  Is that what you actually have?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, thanks, I did try all that more than once, and I will try again, but I don't think it will work.  The receiver was just installed a couple of months ago (January), so I don't think it's broken.  At first it told me the client was unavailable, so I did a factory reset on the receiver, but then it finally just gave me the red X.  Where I have it now there's only one interior wall blocking the RG.  Also, when I access the router using 192.168.1.254, I can see the receiver as an inactive ethernet device.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

LOL, That would explain a lot!  Thanks

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My wireless reciever kept losing signal so they sent me a replacement a Vip 1200 and ive tried multiple times to install but keep getting not available at this time restart reciever message. I read about it online and its not a wireless reciever but when i call att they state it is a wireless reciever and wont send another one so im paying for service i cant even use. Im so done with there service for real.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

3 years ago

I would call back during regular business hours. I find that I have better luck then. They should absolutely send you a replacement receiver.

As this thread is very old, it will now be closed. In the future, please feel free to start a new thread instead of responding to one as old as a first grader.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.