ajwdct's profile

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 10:32 PM

UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide!

During last night's (10:25pm Pacific time Oct 19th) set top box (STB) firmware update, the Channel Short Cuts function for the on screen tv guide was eliminated.  That means you can NO LONGER view tv channels by category to see what's on at any given time, e.g. SPORTS, NEWS, VARIETY, MOVIES, LOCAL, GOVT, etc

There were many ON SCREEN GUIDE CHANGES for which Uverse TV customers didn't receive any notification of + TV service was interrupted for 5 to 7 minutes during tv prime time watching.  Yet customers receive plenty of promotional Uverse emails, but no notification of a very serious change to the STB functionality?

Also, my Favorite channels were deleted & I had to manually restore them.

This comes <2 weeks after a Uverse Residential GW firmware update deleted the 2 WiFi networks I had configured.  A tech had to be dispatched to recreate them as no one at the 800 # or any tech managers were aware of the bug in the Res GW update that deleted configured WiFi channels and reset the WiFi AP/Router in the GW to the single default WiFi network & password.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've noticed that the new menu doesn't have a couple of options that I used daily. I am missing the channel shortcuts feature on the main menu. This was such an easy way to access specific programming without scrolling through hundreds of channels. I am also missing the option to move channels on my favorites list. I used to be able to lump together the networks that I watch the most. Now they are spread out over hundreds of channels. I am not interested in creating multiple favorites lists. Please tell me if there is still a way to do this. I'm not a big fan of this change and it will certainly be a factor in deciding to continue with cable tv when my contract is over this summer. We have stayed with the high cost of cable tv basically for convenience but we may make the jump to other options because of these changes in service. Hopefully, I just haven't found a way to access these features. Someone please advise!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Tvlife101    Huh?  My menu sure does have it still. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Tvlife101 - You can scroll through even fewer channels if you build a favorites list & access it via one click of the A button.

Click zoom/enter buttton next to zero to get started. As you watch your favorite channels click - add to favories.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

You can still have a single favorites list, or you can create multiple, named, favorites lists.  You can also hide channels that you don't want from the guide.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

We have lost Channel Shortcuts in the Menu display.  Our system must have updated and the layout is all different and Channel Shortcuts has disappeared?  We use this all the time so very frustrating.  Can someone help?

Thanks

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rrwelsh79 - Is it now called categories??

Why not make one even more abbreviated - Favorites??

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

No there is nothing on our menu called Categories?  Under the Menu, there used to be an option for 'Channel Shorcuts'.  From there you could select a category such as 'Sports', 'News', 'Kids etc.  Channel Shortcuts seems to nolonger exist meaning that we have to search through all the channels under the guide? Not user friendly and like going back in time!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rrwelsh79 _ I erred - categories may be another level down.

What are the titles directly under menu?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

When I press menu on my remote control the titles read - Guide, Favorites, Trending, Recordings, On Demand, Search, Interactive, Help, Options, Govt Edu & Public

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rrwelsh79 - Thanks, Sorry to put you through this, but I do not have u-verse to do it myself.

When you press guide do you get any options? Are there options across the top or down the side?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.