ctmplx3's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 12:34 AM

All HD in use

I have 3 receivers but can only watch 1 HD channel. If another tv is turned to an HD channel, it says all hd streams are in use. Nothing else is recording so I don't know how to fix. I tried to press the power button for 5 seconds to turn off, then on, but now one of my wireless receivers is not working. I am supposed to have 4 HD streams. What do I do now?

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Adrianwsmith,

I would be glad to help you verify if we can provide more then 1HD stream for your TV service. I have reviewed your account and performed some tests to determine if your upgrade was possible. I sent you a private message with specific details regarding your account.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi.  We recenly disconnected everything in oir living room in order to accommodate a new piece of furniture.  Everything was working fine, except tonight when we went to watch tv in our bedroom, the receiver said "all HD in use" and asked us "to interrupt another tv".  This was never a problem before.   Can you help? It looks like you were able to help the others.   I have 2 Tv's right now, both HD receivers and we should be able to watch on both. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Not your what my profile is.  How do I check that?  So just to make sure I'm understanding how this works correctly...

There is a limit to the number of HD channels you can use at one time.  Use of an HD channel could be either someone watching it on a TV in the house or a TV show being recorded in HD.  Is that right?

And Yes... I'm sure a quite a few recordings were taking place at that time.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Mblaisdell - MT called it with recordings using up streams. You only get 4 max into the house to be used by DVR for recording or other STBs for viewing. Further limited in recording to 3 HD, unless you have new rollout. Limitation details described by MT are found on TV -

Menu, options, system options,system info, system resources.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Mblaisdell,

I apologize about any misunderstanding caused by the use of High Definition streams. I can help investigate your account to ensure you are getting all the streams assigned to your profile. As it was discussed above, you have 4 TV streams available at any time. The combination of how many streams are High Definition and Standard definition depends on your service profile and the distance from our main cabinet in your neighborhood to your home. I sent you a private message to continue assisting you and ensure you are getting all the streams assigned to your profile.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

After several years of multiple HD streams (and pretty flawless performance), I got the dreaded "All HD streams in use" message over the weekend when the DVR started recording and I was watching an HD program.

Ruh roh! A quick search got me to this thread and another in these forums, and I discovered that my Ingress is currently set 3SD/1HD for some reason, Egress is 0SD/3HD. I appear to be on the 25/2 setup.

As suggested here, I've sent a private message, and also dropped the twitter support team a note. I'm not sure why my profile has changed, but I'd really like to get back to multiple HD streams.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi publiustx ,

We are so sorry about the inconveniences with the provisioning on your account. I am glad we were able to get that corrected for you.

-David T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Working great now!

Thanks very much for the help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi there,

This problem just started to happen for me.

I have 2 receivers.  When I attempt to watch TV while a recording is in progress, I get the following message, "All HD services are in use.  For HD viewing options, press OK.    Pressing OK will prompt me to end HD viewing on another TV receiver (which isn't on) or to stop my current recording (which I don't want to do).

This has been occuring for 2 weeks and I thought it was something that would fix itself. 

I tried going to 192.168.1.254 and looking for max user rate but I can't find it anywhere on my page.

Please help.

Thanks!

Kwai

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Try menu>options>system options>system information>system resources

for me WAN 0SD/4HD incoming into the RG, bandwith cap 31947200

Ingress 0SD/4HD incoming to the DVR, bandwidth cap 31947200

Egress 0SD/3HD outging to STBs from the DVR

The WAN will tell you how many of your 4 streams can be HD, for me all 4 (32/5 profile). 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.