Explore & discover

Helpful Links

subsidizing spanish channels.

subsidizing spanish channels.

Why am I subsidizing Spanish channels on my plan? These channels are of no use to me since I do not Speak Spanish. I am an American who speaks English.

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert

Re: subsidizing spanish channels.

You have other options if you want to pursue. If you evaluated the plan that you subscribed to then you were aware of what the content being delivered was going to be. I don't watch half of what I get now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11

They are on all DirecTV Now plans. English speaking customers should not be paying for these channels.

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

I guess I should not be paying for the ones I do not watch but I knew that when I subscribed. But I have no issues. Of course I have other options also.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11

The point is not paying for something I don't watch, the point is watching something you can't understand. English speaking American's are subsidizing Spanish channels on all the plans for Latino's. That is not right!

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

Take it up with support. Nothing can be done from this community forum.

Message 6 of 11
Mentor

MidnightRun since you understand English so well did you not read what channels you were getting with your directvnow subscription? If you do not like it cancel your service.  I do not see a difference between channels I do not watch due to language or channel programs I have no interest in watching.  

There are many channels I do not watch but I get charged. Example I am supporting Trump TV, aka Fox News. I was aware of this channel and others that are part of my subscription package that I do not watch. Great thing about America you can always take your business elsewhere.

Message 7 of 11

You need to read post 5 again, that is if you read it at all.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your point is paying for something you don’t watch, geez I just missed 59 shows last hour, times 24 hours, -holy moly my plan should only be $2.29/mo for only the shows I watched. 

Message 9 of 11
Scholar

Same reason I'm subsidizing CNN and MSNBC

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Master

How do you know the Spanish language viewers are not subsidizing the English ones? Do you have full accounting data to prove what you say?

As long as true A la Carte service does not exist (Sorry Sling, you are not a la carte) someone will always be "subsidizing" someone else.

The only way to avoid this is to use an antenna and only watch what you want with it.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support