won't connect

Message 1 of 31
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by pbc0207
‎01-20-2018 6:30 AM

Re: error code 60,,,,, too many steaming portals

Make sure you exit the app on your devices. Just turning off the TV, etc will not terminate the stream.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 31

So, I play juggling who gives the best service, I recently returned to directv now, because play station vue went from acceptable+ to unacceptable (for what ever reason dodging the canned replies, really solves nothing), I am a DTV fan had it first, it went from acceptable to unacceptable which prompted the change.  So I play musical providers...

So, dropped PSV went back to DTV.  2 streams.. I am good with that, that is what it was before.  I work in this industry.

I use Amazon Fire TV and Amazon fire sticks.

I found (when I came back), the way to stabilization (or so I thought) on the stream issue was to go to settings -> applications -> DTV Now -> force stop.  It has worked great so far. then this morning...  

It is me and my wife, she knows how to do the same thing.  

This morning, I am the only one watching, I have tried the force stop several times, to no avail (I am still the only one watching).

So there are several places where this can be of error:

1) Fire TV (which no one is watching)

2) Fire Stick (which I am watching)

3) DTV app (which I am using)

4) DTV's stream monitoring application on their end.

It is a know fact these days when powerful people are encouraging people to learn to code, that is very prevalent with the quality being injected into our services (dangling sockets and such, don't close when I exit etc, memory leaks...) anyway you catch my drift here.

So let me just do the elimination here.  I did not have 'too many streams' on other services, e.g. Sling, PSV, etc... never got that message, PSV has 5 streams, Sling has 3...

I have had the same streaming stick the whole time..

In this streaming world, there are going to be things that happen, I get it.  

But the 'too many streams' is ONLY prevalent on DTV, no others, and no I am not trying to steal streams... I am paying for what I am using, expect no more or less.

So this no contract TV streaming (full of its problems and doing the math on my return to DTV), here is my assessment given the things I KNOW I am controlling, my provider, and DTV.

It is not my nature to bring attention to anything that may hurt someone's feelings... but...my assessment is this:

DTV is entirely too worried about someone stealing from them and they have overactive security software.  2 cents on the matter.  This issue is ONLY with DTV.

And to having to play musical providers, when service is good, then it turns bad... I have the same experience here, I thought maybe they got some problems licked..., great back to DTV

No, the honey moon is over, the price of the cocaine has gone up... 

So in an effort to break DTV out of their boxes... look at your monitoring software, right now, I am the ONLY one in my house running anything... and guess what, "Error 60, too many streams" what's up with that are you guys trying to generate forum traffic?  Is your QOS less than one stream?  what is it?  or is it the 2 streams you advertise, I don't even have one right now.

Message 3 of 31
Contributor

The error 60 keeps popping up. I've missed a whole movie trying to figure this out. I only have 1 device on. I've uninstalled on other device. But same message.  How do you exit from programming . This is ridiculous .

Message 4 of 31
ACE - Expert

Contact support via the chat. They can clear your streams and set you back to normal.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 31
Tutor

I get repeated error 60 codes: with only two TVs on DirecTVNow. If I watch one TV on DirecTVNow, I have to go over to the other TV that had DirecTVNow enabled and get out of DirecTVNow. Then, when I want to watch DirecTVNow on the second TV, I have to go log out of DirecTVNow on the first TV. This is a pain in the you know what!

I have attempted to contact tech support on the Twitter portal for a day now with no response. I'm about ready to give up on DirecTVNow and go back to cable.

Message 6 of 31
ACE - Expert

You sure its not active on another device?

Message 7 of 31
Tutor

Yes. I have three TVs: one is logged into DirecTVNow, one is logged into SkyTV on Roku, and the third won't log onto DirecTVNow because of the error 60 code.
Message 8 of 31
ACE - Expert

I would power down all the devices. Reset modem and cable modem. Then try again. Give it about 15 min before you bring them back up.

Message 9 of 31
Tutor

OK, bc, I'll give it a try and report back.

Message 10 of 31
ACE - Expert

Nothing to lose.

Message 11 of 31
Tutor

bc, that did the trick. Everything is up again with two streaming channels on DirecTVNow.

Can this be a recurring problem?

Message 12 of 31
ACE - Expert

Sure hope not!

Message 13 of 31
Tutor

Me, too!

Thanks for your help!

Message 14 of 31

Here is what I have discovered with Fire/TV and Firestick.

Anytime I leave or need to change streams (to keep it to 2 streams or 2 tvs).  In Fire(TV/Stick) I go to Home -> App -> Manage applications -> Direct TV NOW -> Force Stop

The pretty much mitigate multiple stream unless you do have more than 2 stream running in your house.

What some else said about rebooting would also work, as it would basically 'Force a stop'

Haven't done too much android programming of java in the last couple of year, but I would say that if you exit out the app (In Windows speak, hit the 'x') it should throw an event and that event should get caught and the connection terminated - gracefully.  But can't say for sure who is responsible for playing well, I would both DTV and Amazon Fire(TV/Stick) would both take that into account.  It appears it just leaves a connection open. 

On 2 occasions, I went to DTV account (not on Fire(TV/Stick) side, and forced a password change.  This fixed the problem, but it is cumbersome because everyone has to go through loggin back in ad putting in passwords on the Fire(TV/Stick).

Also encountered issue complained about - being unsubscribed - when I was, in fact subscribed... sounds like an authentication/validation problem between DTV and the unsubsubscribed provider, however my 'unsubscription' was with (at least as far as I looked) A&E, but others advised of different channels...

Message 15 of 31
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support