Explore & discover

Helpful Links

directtv now

Contributor

directtv now

My son signed up for directv now and it's on our samsung smart tv as the directv now beta app.

my question is he signed up for the gotta have it plan for 75.00 a month but we don't get ABC,NBC,CBS OR FOX  are they suppose to be included in that package.even if they are not the local stations it would still be nice to have them.

thanks jwc

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎08-08-2018 10:16 AM

Re: directtv now

Unfortunately, the only way to get the live streams of those networks is through their local affiliates (that's how the content is licensed).  So unless and until DirecTV Now is able to get carriage agreements with the relevant stations (if they even exist - they might not in some rural areas) and then actually install streaming systems at each one, there isn't any way to get those networks as part of a DTVN plan. You can find out what local stations are (supposed to be) available at any given location using the local lookup tool (here).  They are regularly adding more local stations, so just because they may not have them now doesn't mean they might not be added in the future.  In the meantime, you may or may not be able to get some broadcast stations using an antenna - less convenient, but...

You do get access to any on-demand content for those networks that DirecTV Now has in its on-demand library, and also (for ABC, NBC, and Fox) the ability to log into the networks' own apps (though I don't know which have apps for Samsung) which allows more complete and timely access to on-demand - most shows appear in the network apps by the day after airing.  For CBS, that sort of thing requires a separate subscription (directly from CBS) but even without logging in, the CBS app provides access to the most recent few episodes of all their current shows - again, usually by the next day.  Although you didn't mention it, the CW network also has a similar app, and that one (last I checked) didn't require a log in at all.  Using these apps is again less convenient than having everything in one place (though probably no worse than using Netflix), but it is a usually functional alternative for most things (perhaps not news or sports, or anything else where timeliness is critical).  Some local stations have their own websites that stream content - probably not a full stream of network content or sports, but many do provide their newscasts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: directtv now

I will switch to cox cable, you are a pain in the A***

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support