Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Why no ABC, FOX or NBC on the Apple TV App ?

Scholar

Why no ABC, FOX or NBC on the Apple TV App ?

The Apple TV App does not have ABC, FOX or NBC avaliable, yet these are avaliable on the Android App. Why is this. Not having these avaliable on the big screen is probably going to be a deal breaker in my case. Will they be avaliable in the future ?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
Scholar

The ATV has these if you're in an area that supports it. (Well, NBC is NOT on Fire or ATV in any location right now, only mobile apps on android and ios. 

Double-check your billing zipcode is up to date. If you have a new router or cable modem lately, it may take a few days for it to update your location. You can speed that along in some cases by using gps using apps on your phone when on wifi at home. Maps, yelp, and so on. 

Message 2 of 8
Scholar

My billing zipcode is accurate. I'm in Washington State, and while i realize there is no live local feeds yet for the Pacific Northwest, I do not understand why the on demand aspect of these networks is not available on the ATV app yet is on my tablet.  And thank you for the reply.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your tablet use data? Where did you download the app

Message 4 of 8
Scholar

My tablet does not use data, its connected wifi and the app came from google play store. The Apple TV is connected to the same router but its pluged in hardwire with a cat5 cable. The Apple TV has use location settings turned on both for the device and also in the settings for the DirecTV Now app. I have to say the android app is much better than the ATV app, but that doesnt explain the missing ABC and FOX on the ATV. 

Message 5 of 8
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Yohimbe
‎12-18-2016 2:03 PM

OK figurerd it out. The app starts out in the guide section instead of the home menu. I was using a Harmony remote to control all devices including the ATV.  Using the Apple TV remote instead I was able to get to the home menu where networks is selectable and the on demand content is there for ABC, FOX and all the rest just like the android app, (not sure which button on the ATV remote). The harmony remote only allowed navigating in the guide area, and since thats where the app defaulted when first ran it appeared to not have many features of the other apps. I dont care for the ATV remote much, so ill try setting up the Harmony to replicate the funtions it seems to be missing from the ATV remote.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with seting up the Harmony remote? I have not been able to do this because Apple TV swipe actions are bluebooth only. I heard that Harmony does not support these actions?

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Scholar

No, I have never been able to get the Harmony remote to replicate the "swipe" functions of the AppleTV remote. Its  unfortunate,  as I absolutely hate the ATV remote. 

Actually I don't at all care for the AppleTV  itself. I can understand why there are 4 posts a day asking when the Roku app will be available. If they would just add some home menu 

buttons in the guide and other areas one could probably dispense with the ATV remote, but there are many other issues with the apps UI functionality that need to be addressed.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support