Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse Internet Data Cap

Highlighted
Tutor

Uverse Internet Data Cap

Does the data used by Directv Now count against the 1 TByte data cap on Uverse internet?

Message 1 of 3
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by leebob43
‎12-05-2016 4:09 PM

Re: Uverse Internet Data Cap

Hi @leebob43,

Data free streaming is only available to AT&T Wireless customer's at this time. Go here for additional details on this topic.

Stay tuned for updates as we get information on sponsored data usage.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

DirecTVNow and AT&T Internet

An AT&T reprentative told me that AT&T is moving away from U-Verse TV and I should switch to DirecTVNow.  I decided to switch.  I was told I had to signup for DirecTVNow first and then call to cancel my U-Verse TV.

My problems started when I called to cancel my TV service.  The technician told me that since I was cancelling my AT&T TV, I was now limited to 1TB a month for internet data (I have the Gigapower 100 plan).  I told him I wasn't cancelling my TV service but just switching to AT&T's new (better?) TV Service.  He told me that AT&T does not consider DirecTVNow a real TV service.  I asked if my 1TB data limit would include all the DirecTVNow streaming and he said "Yes".

I am really disappointed AT&T would recommend U-Verse customers switch to a streaming TV service and then put a limit on the data streamed over the AT&T Internet.  

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support