Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Too many streams

Contributor

Too many streams

I’m on an iPhone and using safari. I can’t view replies for some reason on this question so I apologize for asking it AGAIN. Lol.  How many devices can I have on my plan?  Are there more devices allowed with plan upgrades?  Does too many streams mean too many devices or literally I’m using it too much?  Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎06-22-2018 7:41 AM

Re: Too many streams

The current version of the system allows 2 concurrent streams (2 devices running the DTVN app to show video at the same time), and there are no upgrades that allow more.  (You can have as many devices as you want installed - they only care about how many are running at once.)  There have been statements from DTVN that a future version of the system will allow at least 3 - unknown when that will happen and if it will be standard or an extra fee.  The "too many streams" report indicates that they think you are trying to start a 3rd concurrent stream.  However, there have been many reports over the last 2 days that people are encountering this error even when they clearly don't already have 2 streams.  I personally didn't encounter that problem, so it wasn't universal, but many apparently did.  No idea if it has been resolved yet.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

I had I had this issue last night after closing the browser on my iMac.  I then tried to stream on my iPad and error message popped up.  Contact support via chat and that was worthless. There needs to be an admin feature to log off a device remotely.  I should be able to do this my self.  Spotify logs off another session so the most recent session takes precedence. I would be happy with that, but no recourse is just a bit silly. 

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Well it's not Spotify or amything else.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Contributor

We are a little short of knowledge on terminology, etc. but we have the "too many streams" problem on our TV.  Need knowledge of how to solve it.  BTW, we were using only one TV.  Thx

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

Do you have the app on any other device like a phone or tablet? Do you share your account with other family  members?

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

Yes, I use an iPad and do not share with anyone.  Thx

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

it says too many even when there is only one. They only let one stream at a time what joke!

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Expert

Nope. You get 2 streams for a standard subscription. Have you (or someone else) used the service on another device or devices? Have you exited the app properly?

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

How does one "exit the app properly"? 

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Expert

Keep hitting the back button till it asks you to exit or cancel.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support