Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Roku

Streaming to Fire Stick until roku becomes available?

I have a lg smart tv with roku installed. I know roku isnt available yet on direct tv now. Can i still stream this on the fire stick on this t.v. till roku becomes available? . does amazon charge to use this fire STICK?. Then how would i go about streaming with fire stick with this t.v. thanks

Message 1 of 8
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎05-03-2017 2:07 PM

Good morning @Pittsburgh50!

You should be able to stream to your Amazon Fire Stick no problem!

Check out this link for setup information.

Also, you shouldn't be charged for using the Fire Stick Smiley Happy

Happy streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8

So the fire stick is free fpr a 3 month sign up?
Message 3 of 8
Scholar

no the apple tv 4 is free for three month signup. the firestick is free for a one month signup. funny thing, they said i would get my firestick in two to three weeks but i just got it today and i only signed up on the 30th.

Message 4 of 8

How is the streaming? I got nfl sunday ticket and the streaming is not that great.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

streaming on the new firestick so far is great. i havent had a buffer or anything else yet. but i have only run it for about two hours.

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

spoke too soon. it just buffered for about 10 seconds. still no big deal to me.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

You can use your Roku to watch DirectvNow......the only thing that is not supported on your Roku is the Dolby 5.1 sound. Only Apple TV (4thGen) and Amazon Fire TV is supported for that. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support