Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sports channels to watch Chicago Cubs

Contributor

Sports channels to watch Chicago Cubs

I have the Just Right package.  What channels would I use to watch the Chicago Cubs?  Is there a WGN channel?  That is where many of the Cubs games are broadcast.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Sports channels to watch Chicago Cubs

No WGN. You can see what regional sports you can receive here

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jguidici
‎01-07-2018 8:40 PM

WGN-TV has two separate stations.  WGN TV Local and WGN America.  The WGN America is the cable/satellite super-station is available nationally.  WGN TV Local is the local channel 9 Chicago area broadcast.  WGN broke away from the CW a few years ago and went back to being independent.  This makes is much more difficult for organizations such as DirecTV Now to carry them since they have to have a separate contract for these channels.  If they were still part of CW, they would likely have been included when those channels became part of DirecTV Now.  Eventually they will get added but are likely not a priority at this time.  I use my antenna to get WGN channel 9 and PBS channel 11 as they are the only stations that DirecTV Now does not carry in the Chicago area.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I will get a HD antenna. Also, I believe WGN has their own streaming. Last year I watched a couple Cubs games out on my porch, streaming to my iPad. So, I should be able to stream to my computer or iPad, and then use AppleTV to send to the TV.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support