Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Roku

Highlighted
Tutor

Roku

Why does my Roku tv stop streaming the directtv after 4 hours on the same channel? A message appears saying something about inactivity.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by skinfan
‎05-16-2018 10:22 AM

Re: Roku

Its a safety feature to conserve user bandwidth usage in case they forget to logout. Can not be changed. Just hit a button and it will continue.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Two Roku questions-

1st - I have found no way to go back to previous channels on Direct tv now on Roku. my back arrow works but not on Direct tv now. Is there another option so that I can back and forth between two channels?

2nd- although the app says I can now record (beta) , there is no place that I can click on to actually set up any recordings? How do I do it on Roku?

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Want to troubleshoot Roku errors? Here is the simple way to troubleshoot Roku errors. all you have to do is follow these simple steps given in our blog. You can also call our technical team @ +1-866-991-7870 toll-free number where they will help you to troubleshoot the Roku errors. For more clarification on Roku related queries please do visit Roku.com/link.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

There is no "Back" feature.

There is the "What's On Now" feature, which shows the last few channels you have watched (mostly).

I find WON works better than a back button, since I am usually dodging commercials I find I need more than two channels in the "rotation" or I wind up switching between commercials.

If you select a future program from the guide are you saying you don't get a record option?

Or, does the info page give you the option to start recording?

Some accounts seem to have had trouble getting connected to the DVR, if this is your case you will have to contact chat support.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?isreauth=true&gsi=YXwhtlE2

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support