Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Remote app for DirecTV Now for Roku

Contributor

Remote app for DirecTV Now for Roku

I find it very difficult to navigate DirecTVNow using the Roku remote, and by looking at otheir community questions it appears it’s an issue for many. 

Is there a DirecTV Now app that can be used on a device that is more user-friendly for navigating around DirecTV Now available or being designed?

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CapeCodJen
‎11-13-2018 4:40 PM

Re: Remote app for DirecTV Now for Roku

There are 3rd party remotes that you can purchase. I am not that familiar with them. I find the Roku remote satisfactory. Don't forget that these remotes are used for multiple streaming services not just for DTVN.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

We dont have any issues with the roku remote either (not that i really use my roku), but the Apple TV remote is a different story which is why i use Logitech harmony remotes for them. You can also use the harmony remote for the roku depending which one you have you may need a harmony hub. If you have the Bluetooth remote you will need a hub for the remote to control Bluetooth devices. 

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

The apps I've seen for Roku basically just emulate the supplied remote. Makes sense, the app can't very well create functions the device does not know how to perform.

Harmonys can give you a very limited amount of "programming", but you are still limited to the original remote's functions.

It's a limitation of the device, not so much the remote.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thanks for the help!

Using the Roku app vs actual remote is easier & I statted using remote another app that controls Roku that I like even better. 

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

I'd had Directv Now for almost two years before I accidentally discovered that my Sony TV remote works flawlessly with DRTVN.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support