Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Remote Control for Streaming box RC8 control

Contributor

Remote Control for Streaming box RC8 control

I received the new beta Direct Tv box but for the life of me can not figure out how to use the remote to login in I am unable get letters to show, can not clear in entry . Need help . Right now this box is just a brick .  I have tried finding a user manuel that would help me but no luck. 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote Control for Streaming box RC8 control

Do a factory reset and start over. Hold red reset button down for about 10 seconds.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Justbob2u
‎08-16-2019 3:54 PM

Use the arrows to highlight the box then press ok to show the keyboard. A red button reset is a little extreme when there s a simple fix. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

I was assuming the OP was familiar with the use of a virtual keyboard and entry.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Just wanted to say thank you did a reset and the hit the ok button in the box and key board showed was finally able to set my box up. Wanted to see the difference between fire tv and the box . Time will tell . Thank you again 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support