Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Ref# 1006

Contributor

Ref# 1006

I keep getting tick tock your clock settings aren't correct. I have not been able to watch tv because of this. How do I fix this
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Ref# 1006

That doesn't sound like a DirecTV DVR or Receiver message.  What device is showing this message?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Amazon firestick. Everything else on my firestick seems to work
Message 3 of 9
ACE - Master

im thinking its your date/time/timezone settings on the firestick

also is this for directv or directv now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I have the same issue. The time and date zones are set correctly on the device...pretty sure it's just inadequate service from a billion dollar conglomerate that doesn't care about actual people. They will take your money whether you get what you pay for or not.
Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

DTV doesn't make firesticks so maybe you should ask them.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I have a Amazon fire tv running directv now app.  Received the tick tok error  ref#1006 error message. after a reboot from a power outage when the directv app started back up.  amazon fire was working fine. Time, zone, ect was set ok.  tried a few more reboots,cleared cache, still same error when booting directv now app. Uninstalled app and reinstalled fixed the error message on the next  directv now startup.

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Master

Sounds like the power failure/restart left something time related in an inconsistent state.  Assuming that the Fire TV indeed cleaned up its internal state correctly and set its time correctly, it does imply that the DTVN app failed to clean something up on a restart.  I don't know Fire - is there a way (short of deleting and reinstalling the app) to force an app to exit and reload rather than just continue?

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I found the solution on the DIRECTV NOW page. These people here don't know anything!!

1. Select the Settings section.
  2. Select the Apps menu.
  3. Select the Manage Installed Apps option.
  4. Select the DIRECTV NOW app.
  5. Select Clear Cache.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  7. Select Force Stop.
  8. Restart DIRECTV NOW app.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support