Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recording new episodes of a tv series

Highlighted
Tutor

Recording new episodes of a tv series

Example (I use Apple TV): In the guide I choose a tv series to record on a specific network, let say NBC, where the original programming occurs. I click through to “OK” to ?record only new episodes. Then I go to My Library and click through to Upcoming Recordings. The episodes scheduled to record are now from 2 networks, NBC plus USA that shows old episodes!!! This occurs with more than just one series. My 20 hours of DVR will be filled up in 24 hours and it is a real nuisance to have to delete each episode that should not be recording. HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Leorah
‎02-01-2019 7:41 PM

Re: Recording new episodes of a tv series

...welcome to DTVN cloud DVR service. 

DTVN doesn’t track ‘First Aired’ in a current season, therefore we don’t know what ‘New’ means in their query. But the DVR has been this way since the public BETA release 5/15/2018, with absolutely no improvements in functionality, despite almost every user complaining about its wonkiness. There’s nobody home. 

FWIW -I manually select each show, episode, that I wish to record, no errors that way, I never choose a series to record. Of course its ridiculous one would need to resort to manual selections, over automation, but this is DTVN. 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I propose, since the ATT equipment is warehoused somewhere, that the ‘operator’ can effectively and efficiently connect us to the correct ‘New’ episode. 

Telephone_operators%2C_1952

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

It looks like the software looks for 1st aired date to determine new or rerun. When I try and record The 11th Hour with Brian Williams, it won't record new shows because the 1st aired date is like 2014. This is very frustrating. I know there are many bugs, but this pinpoints the problem.

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Thank you. The problem is horrifically annoying. I am not tech savvy, but wish the software would be improved (soon) because I am paying for the  service.

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

That is not a solution.  That is a pain in the ***

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support