Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Question about Directv's beta testing box available channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Question about Directv's beta testing box available channels

Hello.  I've been a Directv customer for 25 years but for some reason did not get a beta streaming box to test.  Does the streaming box have all the channels the dish has?

My wife watches TvOne and Aspire quite a bit.  The grandfathered package for Directv Now that we have still has it. I keep reading ATT is getting rid of both DTV Now and the dish.  I need to cancel one and save money, but I'm uncertain which one to keep.  If ATT's coming box that will replace the dish will allow us to keep all our channels, I'd stick with the dish and wait for it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Question about Directv's beta testing box available channels

What is available is still based on your subscription. If you do not get in now then you want get it with the box either unless you change your subscription. It's just a device.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Ok, thanks. We do get the channels with our current subscription via the satellite. I just had no clue how the box would work, especially when ATT cut out those channels with the new Directv Now plans. I figured they'd do the same to the Directv plans with a new device.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6
Professor

Go here then click SEE MORE PACKAGES. There you'll find pretty much the same packages as those available on satellite, and priced to match.  You can switch to any of those packages today. No need to wait for the box.

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/select-plan

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Does anyone who has a beta box they don't want or has given up on - would anyone be willing to send it to me?
I'd pay shipping.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

Why not just sign-up for one as a tester here

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support