Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Problems signing into HBO Go through Apple TV

Contributor

Problems signing into HBO Go through Apple TV

I can't login to HBO Go with my DirecTV Now account. I'm signed in to DirecTV Now without any problem and HBO is working through that. But when I try to sign into HBOGo on my Apple TV, it doesn't work. There is only a "DirecTV" provider option here, not "DirecTV Now"

Message 1 of 6
Mentor

That's surprising.  HBO was one of the first to offer DTVN as a provider.  When selecting provider, they present you with a short list of the biggest providers and a selection for "other" providers.  Did you select "other" providers?  DTVN should be on that list.  If you used a phone to try to login, try a PC or vice-versa.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not catching it, ...

If you're an HBO subscriber and get the HBO full service on that stationary ATV, why would you need HBOgo on that ATV?

Message 3 of 6
Mentor

OP is probably subscribed to HBO as an add-on to his DTVN account (as am I).  The two HBO apps for ATV are HBO GO and HBO NOW.  HBO NOW is for direct subscribers to HBO who pay $15/mo and get a direct login from HBO.  HBO GO is for people who pay for HBO as an add-on feature to their primary TV package.  To authenticate to HBO GO, you have to login to your primary TV package portal as part of the process.  OP is having difficulty finding the option for DTVN as his primary TV package provider.

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ericallenjazz
‎04-09-2018 9:56 AM

to log into HBO Go you need to goto "other Providers" and select Directv Now as your service provider. Then do what it lists on the screen to authenticate your account. this is usually putting in a code to gain access. This should only need to be done the 1st time you attempt to use the HBO go app. It should be automatic after the initial log in.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP is probably subscribed to HBO as an add-on to his DTVN account (as am I).  The two HBO apps for ATV are HBO GO and HBO NOW.  HBO NOW is for direct subscribers to HBO who pay $15/mo and get a direct login from HBO.  HBO GO is for people who pay for HBO as an add-on feature to their primary TV package.  To authenticate to HBO GO, you have to login to your primary TV package portal as part of the process.  OP is having difficulty finding the option for DTVN as his primary TV package provider.

...thanks I understand now, appreciate the explanation, thought a HBO subscription was all the same.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support