Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Possible Fix for the Fire TV Buffering Issue

Possible Fix for the Fire TV Buffering Issue

Hello all,

I think I finally fixed the buffering issue I was having on my Amazon Fire TV.  I changed the Wifi network setting to 5 GHz from 2.4 GHz on my ARRIS SURFboard SBG6700AC, and what a difference it has made.   No more blurry and fuzzy TV shows!!!!  In addition to changing to 5 GHz, I also changed the channel bandwidth to 40 MHz.  So far, I haven't had any buffering issues and my internet download speed on both Fire TVs are between 125-137 mbps, increased from 40-50 mbps.  I pray my Fire TV continue to be buffer free.....only time will tell!  I hope this information will help those who are having issues with buffering on their Fire TV.

Message 1 of 5
Scholar

Re: Possible Fix for the Fire TV Buffering Issue

As soon as I saw what you were up to, I realized it was worth trying. I changed to 5G and chose channel 36...it was already set at 40 Mhz.

Overall the stick is smoother and quicker, and there is a definite improvement in the performance of DTVN.

Good call, you get a Kudo.

Message 2 of 5

Hello AugieD,

Thanks, glad to hear it's running much smoother for you. I'm still experiencing sporadic buffering issues, but it's not as bad as before.  I reached out to customer service and I was told they are working on an update to correct the buffering issues.  Hopefully they'll have this problem fixed within the very near future.

Message 3 of 5

The buffering has gotten worse for me.

Message 4 of 5

I definitely feel your pain.  I had to play around with the channels in order to get some relief from the buffering.  I noticed in the mornings and late at night the buffering seems to quiet down; however, during the evening hours (3-9p) the buffering is intolerable.  Hopefully DTVN will fix this issue ASAP!  

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support