Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Persistent Pause screen

ACE - Sage

Persistent Pause screen

This isn’t new, but is recent.  

The ‘pause’ screen appears and will not easily dismiss, won’t go away on its own.  Live TV continues to play.  

The only way to get rid of it is to pause, play then tap screen somewhere else. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
ACE - Master

Re: Persistent Pause screen

By "pause screen" do you mean the scrub bar at the bottom?

What hardware is doing this?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
ACE - Sage

Sorry, I should know better...

on mobile, android phones 

persists through commercial and programming.  If I pause, then play, then tap screen it goes away.  

7B402401-ED98-47EF-A098-DD06FFB3C7AB.jpeg075AD6EB-C835-4AA3-A03B-FF872585CDE5.jpegD798D6F3-8005-4ABB-8526-D7E4D6FBC67F.jpegAEF1294A-F062-48A0-A711-8B63D468A655.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 3 of 15

Having the same problem with my Samsung S8+ and my Samsung Tab.

As of today the PAUSE overlay will not disappear no matter what is done.

Message 4 of 15
Tutor

I've had the pause button on for a week now. I used to be able to tap the pause and then some where else on the screen and the pause would go away, but not anymore it's there and I can't make it disappear. 

Message 5 of 15
ACE - Sage

Finally, not just me.   

If I tap pause, play then somewhere on the screen it goes away.  

DTVN needs a place to submit trouble reports.  😟

Message 6 of 15
Mentor

The only workaround in the latest app is to click on Closed Caption while in portrait mode, rotate into landscape mode, and tap once to remove the Rec - Closed Caption controls. If you do anything - change a channel, guide, etc. - you'll have to repeat the process. It's a pain but it works at least.

Or manually install the old version: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/att-services-inc/directv-now/directv-now-2-0-12-01538-release/

Message 7 of 15
ACE - Sage

@bronskrat

I will try that.  

Message 8 of 15
Mentor

Toggle the closed caption in portrait mode and then turning the phone back to landscape mode and tap on the screen temporary solution was mentioned in some other threads a few times.only a temp solution. I posted that in a few treads before too. Rolling back the app version should be a better solution until DirecTVNow has a real fix.

Message 9 of 15
Mentor

from another thread on Sept 17:

AT&T has determined a root cause and will push out an updated version soon. I was told to
mitigate the issue, check the Settings -> Accessibility and be sure none are turned on like Norton Anti-Virus, Vysor.

Message 10 of 15
Mentor

Turning off "McAfee Security" on my Samsung Note8 finally fixed the "pause/up/down channel arrows" stay in landscape mode problem!!! Thx bronskrat.

Message 11 of 15

No antivirus here, but do have LastPass.

Message 12 of 15
ACE - Sage

The only thing I have left is ‘auto rotate’ and Nova launcher.  It’s a problem on my ATT phone, not on my Verizon phone.  

If I leave closed caption on, it goes away in a few seconds.  

Message 13 of 15
Mentor

The latest update has resolved the issue for me. 

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Sage

Wish I could say the same. 😡

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support