Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Pause "overlay" won't go away

Teacher

Pause "overlay" won't go away

When sreaming AT&T TV / AT&T TV NOW (using the Android app) on my Samsung Galaxy 8+ (SM-G955U) running Oreo (8.0.0), the "overlay" that initially appears (that has the pause symbol in the center - see picture below) no longer goes away after a few seconds. It stays on the screen permanently and obscures (dims) viewing of the program. It used to go away after a 10 seconds or so, but now, no matter what I do, it won't go away. i have tried removing and reinstalling latest version of app, restarting phone, changing numerous phone settings, etc.  but nothing makes any difference. Any thoughts?Screenshot_20180907-104219_DIRECTV NOW.jpg

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 62
Contributor

Re: Pause "overlay" won't go away

I've been having this issue for several weeks on a Google Pixel XL and T-Mobile. I thought it was me. Glad I found this thread.

The two workarounds posted here worked:

1) Tapping on closed captioning in portrait, rotating to landscape and tapping again. This is a real pain if you are a channel surfer.

2) Disabling LastPass in Settings>Accessibility. But we shouldn't have to disable a basic service like a password keeper or antivirus service to run this app.

This has been a known issue for a while now. Based on what I've seen firsthand with this company, I don't believe it will be resolved anytime soon. My experience with DirecTV Now during my 3-month trial has been less than satisfactory, with lots of bugs. Try getting support from the "robots" who reply to support inquiries on Twitter. Once baseball season is over, I'm probably heading back to Sling, which worked well with the exception of NBC Sports Chicago. And it's cheaper. 

Message 61 of 62
Teacher

Re: Pause "overlay" won't go away

Just downloaded the new update. Appears to have resolved the overlay issue.
Message 62 of 62
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support