Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not working on samsung TV

Tutor

Not working on samsung TV

The directv now is not working on my Samsung TV.  I have a Samsung smart TV 4k 75 inch 7 series.  The DirecTV now app is pre-installed and cannot be removed.  It kinda worked for a week after I subscribed but it was laggy and 1/3 of the channels had no sound.  Now, it doesn't work at all.  it says "sorry...we are having technical difficulties...".  But, it works fine with my other TV with apple 4k TV.  I called technical support and they weren't able to help.  They simply gave me a 50% off discount on my next bill which wont be for 4 months because I prepaid.  I may not even subscribe after my 4 months.  Anyone having the same issues and know a fix?  I already tried reinstalling, unplugging TV, and updating Samsing firmware.  

Message 1 of 20
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Orkim706
‎08-10-2018 4:43 PM

Re: Not working on samsung TV

The next step after the ones you've already done is to reset the Smarthub:

Menu>Smarthub >Reset Smarthub>
(Or Settings > More > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub; depending on the model)

Then go through the process as described on screen to reset all of your apps.

Your pin, when asked, if you haven't changed it will be 0000

Note: You'll need to re-enter passwords for any apps that require them.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 20
Employee

Following to see if that resolves issue.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 20
Mentor

Essentially the same problems for me. There have been numerous posts about this issue. I contacted the technical chat on two occasions and was told they would give me a call. Never received the call. My DTVN app on my Samsung does not work at all, it's simply spins. I have gotten a week trial with sling and then will check into Hulu live. AT&T dtvn does not seem to respond or give any information that is reliable  I get a kick out of their motto that "AT&T cares".

Message 4 of 20
Tutor

Thank you 

Message 5 of 20
Professor

Hi @Orkim706

Is there anything plugged into to the TV's Optical or HDMI cable ports?

Also there should be 2 settings that say Dolby that need turned off.

One changes it to PCM and the other setting should be be right below that, depending on your model.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.
Message 6 of 20
Tutor

There is nothing plugged into the optical. There is an HDMI port with the Apple TV old version plugged in.

Below PCM, it says Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+.  But the Dolby Digital+ is greyed out.

My Samsung TV model is UN75NU7100.

Message 7 of 20
Tutor

Also, I do not use any receiver, stereo, soundbar, etc.  I use only the TV sound.  I currently have it set to PCM because I heard the Dolby is the problem.  But it didn't resolve the issue.

Message 8 of 20
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎11-08-2019 11:22 AM

I'd like you to take the old Appletv out of the hdmi port, or make sure it's plugged into component 1 on the TV input if you need to keep it plugged in.

Then go to MENU > Sound > Reset Sound to reset all sound settings to the factory defaults.

Try the DirectvNow app first, if it does not work then go back and switch dolby off again.

Let me know how it goes.

•••End ▪ Post•••

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 20
Tutor

I will give that a try.  The HDMI is connect to he HDMI arc port.  But I will have to wait for help.  My TV mount  is very flushed for aesthetics.  I'm unable to reach the back to change the HDMI port.  I will have to wait for friends to help me lift the 70 pound TV off the wall.  I will follow-up with with the results.  For now, thank you very much for your help!

Message 10 of 20
Employee

Something I found interesting, and possibly applicable to the no sound situation, about 2018 Samsung tv models:

Samsung doesn’t support DTS on their 2018 models and these channels may have DTS for audio which is causing this issue.

DTS (dedicated to sound) is a series of multichannel audio technologies owned by Xperi Corporation (formerly known as Digital Theater Systems, Inc.), an American company specializing in digital surround sound formats used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 20
Contributor

I have sound on all channels except the local ones: CBS, NBC, etc. Everything else works.

Message 12 of 20
ACE - Expert

Known issue with the Samsung app. Work around is to use an external device if you still want to use the service until DTVN resolves the issue. This is what other subscribers are doing.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 20
Contributor

I use a soundbar and still experience this issue; however if I use the app through a Roku there is sound. Unfortunately, the picture isn’t as good. 

Message 14 of 20
ACE - Expert

Correct! The issue is with the Samsung app.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support