Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not working on Roku

Teacher

Not working on Roku

Signed up for Direct TV Now account. Downloaded Direct TV Now app to brand new Roku Ultra, model 4660. Clicked on Direct TV Now app, after 5 to 10 seconds, the screen goes back to Roku home screen. Never saw anything, no PIN or account info to enter, nothing. Rebooted Roku, uninstalled Direct TV Now app, reinstalled, spoke to Roku tech support, nothing. Wrote Direct TV Now chat, they have no idea. Measured my wifi speed at 133 Mbps. All other apps, other than Direct TV Now, work great.

Wanted to give Direct TV Now a try, but does not work on my equipment, all of which is top of the line 4k and brand new.

Message 1 of 28
Mentor

Re: Not working on Roku

I have 3 Roku Ultra 4660s running with DirecTV Now with no similar issues. Mine all came up cleanly the first time.  Upon the first time launching DirecTV Now you should get the login screen to enter your credentials.  Did you reboot your Roku after uninstalling DirecTV Now and before reinstalling ?  A worst case scenario might be to do a factory reset on your Roku.    

Message 2 of 28
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by xuv224
‎07-19-2018 9:20 AM

What language is your Roku set to? I read somewhere it must be set to English or there may be problems with the app. Other than that I have no clue.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 28
Teacher

you're the man!

after hours, that is the solution. mine was set to French

of course their own tech support does not know this, nor is it mentioned anywhere. that must happen with many other people too.

Message 4 of 28
Teacher

Roku was set to French language, it only accepts english

Message 5 of 28
Guru

Yup...I knew users we're getting errors when not set to English but didn't know the app would crash without errors. Now we know.

Message 6 of 28
Highlighted
Contributor

do they ever plan to be transparent and either just say it doesnot work so people don't put our their money and then just jump you through hoops, the chat I was on yesterday he gave me assurances to escalate at highest levels of support, I told him look at the ATT Chat, Roku doesn't work with ATT DTV NOW>

Message 7 of 28
ACE - Master

You realize that the posters in this thread before you - including the one who posted the original problem - say that it works on Roku (and I can add to that chorus).  It may not work properly for you - don't assume that your experience applies to anyone else, let alone everyone else.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 28
Tutor

It's not the roku device  It's the app. 

Message 9 of 28
ACE - Expert

It's not the app because it works for me also. You need to look at your environment.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 28
Contributor

I get same thing.   Solution seems to say you could have non english but everything is clearly in english.

Message 11 of 28
Contributor

Language IS NOT the issue for gods sake......

IT'S THE APP.

My roku language is naturally set to english, why would I not use english from day one?

And still, the app stops at the agreement screen.

PLEASE do not suggest solutions to people that are basically no solution.

I doubt the op even has roku. So how would THEY even know.....

Heck, theres not even the CHAT option available to CHAT with DTV NOW.

WHat Bull shet,

Message 12 of 28
ACE - Expert

Chat is available 24/7. I just verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Message 13 of 28
Contributor

I'm having the same issue on the agreement screen. Just sits there. I've done a factory reset, uninstall/reinstall and reboot multiple times. None of it fixed the problem. Youtube TV works just fine. Sad.

Message 14 of 28
Tutor

I have the same problem:

I just bought a Roku Ultra model 4660X2. I installed the DIRECTV NOW app, entered my login username & password, the End User Acknowledgement screen appears, but not allowed me to select "I agree" to continue.

I tried removing & reinstalling the DIRECTV NOW app. Verified English is the language. Restarting my Roku. Nothing work! Please fix this app.

Message 15 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support